The "How Does Your Garden Grow?" Spread

frac_ture

-------1-------
---4------3---
-------2-------
---5------6---

1 = Gardener. What's your style as a cultivator? Are you a warrior, and your garden a battleground? Are you a sweet, nurturing type? A mystic? Selfless...or selfish? What kind of a gardener are you?

2 = Garden. What are you growing? Foodstuffs for sustenance? Flowers for beauty? Is it an inanimate collection, like a rock garden, cultivated for meditative purposes? Or do you garden just for the sake of the activity itself?

3 = Green Thumb. What are you naturally great at cultivating?

4 = Black Thumb. What do you tend to fail at when cultivating?

5 = Weeds. What tends to show up unbidden, and to feed on your efforts when you're trying to cultivate something else?

6 = Pests. Who or what steals away the fruits of your gardening labors when you're not watchful enough?

On the final Saturday of each month over on Instagram, Tabitha Dial (@tabithadial) and I (@arrow.in.flight) host this Tarot-centric photo challenge called New Spread Saturday, in which participants are invited to create an all-new Tarot spread and then share it with the world. Please feel invited to join in: you can search the #newspreadsaturday hashtag to find past spreads that the participants have created, or you can whip up one of your own! Just take a picture of your spread, and detail the card positions for us. And don't forget to wallpaper it with that hashtag so everyone can find it!

Attachments

• IMG_5465.jpg
    IMG_5465.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 203

Amanda

Cool spread, I just tried it out and it was very illuminating. Thanks! :)

frac_ture

Cool spread, I just tried it out and it was very illuminating. Thanks! :)

Thanks for sharing your experience with the spread here, Amanda - I'm happy to hear that it yielded some good results for you!

DesertDream

Haaa! Love this spread, it seems I will be using this often when I want to contemplate my weaknesses and strengths....
Here is my reading(not for interpritation, just my experiance with spread).
New Palladini/No Reversals
1. Six of Rods
The type of gardener/cultivator
I tend to look at projects with a great sense of percieved victory and enthusiam as if I have already won the prize. This seems to make me ungrounded at times because I put the cart before the horse and mostly run off of false hope(which points to the 3rd posistion) and like the Star says, I am good at cultivating Hope, for better or worse....

2. Queen of Rods
Her scepter is shown growing in full bloom flowers. I think this is potraying my growth of inner beauty(flowers). It also shows I am growing into my strong sense of self and idenity. This card matches my fire sign. The shadow side of this means I may be also growing impaitence(like the flower?! :D) and being hasty.

3. The Star
Hope, enthusiasm and encouragment, seeing the light in a dark situation, I am good at looking at a situation with a forest for the trees type of mindset and see the light or lessons life can bring. Surprisingly after my life as of yet I am not sure how I even function let alone have hope(false or not). But I have learned hope is a hard hard adversary to kill, and if it dies, it resurrects even with no effort of the self. This also makes me put the cart before the horse, and already in my mind having victory (first card). So these qualities I find need some grounding. I think this also signifies my strong spiritual side.

4. The World/ Nine of Pentacles
I skipped the last question at first so after realizing it, put these two together.
I am super bad about brining things to completion (the world) yet wanting to rest already from the labor and benefit from the fruits of my labor(9p) and success and accomplishment. I think this means I am a glutton of daydreaming and on the lazy side of life at times

5. Seven of Rods
What feeds on my efforts...I think always fighting against the odds and seemingly endless hurdles seems to sap my strength and hope because I am a lover not a fighter, and I am also idealistic and romantacise my ideas so when people or the world or outside forces seem too come up like pesky weeds and cause anxiety, odds, or loss.I tend to want to give up and I am not good at cultivating courage to fight this off atm....

6. The Magcian
This is perplexing as this deck describes him as creative force and not destructive. But as a shadow side/question I see this as me not being able to manafest on the earthly realm like I can in the other realms. I am my own wost enemy sort of thing. Being too unrealistic, falsely hopeing, hasty, and lazy is blocking me. This steals my own potential away from me. I am the pest....

Wooow! So great spread! Its a keeper! Thank you!

frac_ture

Haaa! Love this spread, it seems I will be using this often when I want to contemplate my weaknesses and strengths....

Wooow! So great spread! Its a keeper! Thank you!

Hi, DesertDream -- thanks so much for sharing your responses to this spread, and even providing your results! I'm afraid to comment very much on the specifics of your work here, as I believe that kind of thing is meant for a different board, but I really do appreciate seeing what cards you pulled here, and what you made of them in the context of this spread. And I'm really happy to know that you feel like you might use this one again in the future! May all your gardens grow with abundance...:love:

DesertDream

Thanks mate! And no worries, I was just sharing an example others can see and maybe help the way they do their own spread, not for interpretation. I also would love to see the results and interpritations of my own spreads people do, so I did it myself, knowing it would be appreciated in the same way. Hopefully, If I got the rules right, we can post results here, if not looking for others help? Not sure, I will check again. Anyway glad you could see the results of my spread, as spread creators thats one thing I think we desire to see the most. For me anyway....

Thanks again, this spread is very good!

Shibiusa

Oh, a garden metaphor spread! So cool to try with my Mystic Faerie deck! They will love it for sure! Thank you! (saved the link to write it later in my journal :) )

MidoriHime

Very cool!

Just started coming into my physical green thumb, so I'm looking forward to checking out how my energy based one works!

frac_ture

Thanks mate! And no worries, I was just sharing an example others can see and maybe help the way they do their own spread, not for interpretation. I also would love to see the results and interpritations of my own spreads people do, so I did it myself, knowing it would be appreciated in the same way. Hopefully, If I got the rules right, we can post results here, if not looking for others help? Not sure, I will check again. Anyway glad you could see the results of my spread, as spread creators thats one thing I think we desire to see the most. For me anyway....

Thanks again, this spread is very good!

Thank you again! And I think that the way you handled this is okay, or I suspect we'd have received a moderator-type visitation by now... :)

Oh, a garden metaphor spread! So cool to try with my Mystic Faerie deck! They will love it for sure! Thank you! (saved the link to write it later in my journal :) )

Your deck choice does sound really right on here! I hope the Mystic Faeries do end up loving the spread, and that you get some good info out of it. Thanks for the kind response here!

Very cool!

Just started coming into my physical green thumb, so I'm looking forward to checking out how my energy based one works!

I wish you great luck, and I hope the spread is helpful in your explorations. My own thumb isn't especially green in the physical sense, so I admire those skills in others. Congratulations on making strides in that regard! Here's hoping that the spread gives you some excellent insight on how to maximize results with your metaphorical/energy-based green thumb!