Tabula Mundi Tarot: formerly Tarot "M"

Babalon Jones

Thank you for commenting, truelighth. I am glad you like it. Happy Solstice!

inanna_tarot

Wow that Moon!
I like it! I really really LIKE it! Its so different, so well thought out.
The Woman is just, beautiful. I can't work out why I like her so much but she is.

Must be my subconscious telling me how wonderful it is so I keep looking at it, and the wisdom will appear, the relevance. I'm sure I am mirroring into the black waters of the Moon something about me in this particular card.

I got your Rosetta tarot the other week BJ and I have to admit, I love it more than I thought I would! The tins and the regular deck are both beautiful.
And this Tarot M has a real Mary El quality to it - and I LOVE that!!

Eyebright

How is everything going Babalon? I'm eagerly awaiting any new news of Tarot M to devour!

The minors sound fascinating, and I personally know, that I will accept them as part of the deck. Sending goodness and inspiration your way! :heart:

Babalon Jones

Hi Eyebright!
Still alive, still working on the M. I probably won't show any more majors to leave at least the last three a mystery. I will start showing the minors soon, probably in the spring, (may it come soon, we are getting hammered with winter here) to see how they are received. I'm also working on the rudimentary outline for the book, which I have what are probably overblown and grandiose plans for its epic awesomeness, hahaha.

I also have narrowed down to a short lists of official names for the deck, Tarot M being temporary and not very internet friendly. But open to suggestions as not finalized yet.

Big snow here today, stuck at home so will probably be working on the cards :)

Babalon Jones

Eeek! Anything but more snow. How about hoping a mysterious benefactor makes it so I can retire from the mundane day job world of accounting *gag* and be free to work on creative projects for what is left of this life!

I mean, while you are hoping, that would work too and even better :)

Eyebright

Glad to hear you are ok and still working on the deck. I quite like not knowing what all the cards will look like. Love a good surprise! :D

I hope you stay safe and well in the awful weather. My little corner of the UK is being battered by storms currently.

drwitz

Count me in as another fan of this work in progress. Love your coloring and your style.

What are your thoughts on the Minor Arcana?

Babalon Jones

Hi drwitz, and thank you!

I haven't shown the Minors yet. I will though, when I have a few more done. I kind of am at the state where I need to germinate more without sharing. I think sharing of the work so far has not had the best results for me productivity wise.

What I will say is that they are very different from anything else out there, but still true to the meaning of the suit and recognizable (as in, you will be able to know or figure out what card you are looking at, at least in context with the rest of them if not as a stand alone, even if there were no titles).

They are so far very different from the Majors, both because the Majors while unique artworks and new representations of the Major Arcana are still variations of the traditional ATU, while these are even more original. Because I think the Minors lend themselves to that, being more of a representation of the mundane world, closer the human state rather than the more karmic overarching archetype of the Majors, if you know what I mean even though I don't feel I'm expressing it well in this moment.

They are also oil paintings rather than works done in ink. This is because I think that it as a medium better expresses the way the Minors are closer to the earthly state. It will allow distinction from the Majors at a glance. I hope the fact that these are in a different media and style do not bother people, but I am compelled to do it anyway, so if the haters gonna hate it won't stop me from doing it :) The worst thing that can happen is I'll end up with two decks, and therefore it takes twice the time to complete them both assuming I can.

I really really hope to light a fire under myself and work harder at these. I'm almost done with the Majors so am concentrating on wrapping those up very soon. I actually feel really excited about working on the Minors again, and inspiration and artistic initiative is always a good thing and often elusive so it feels really good.

I'll show at least one of the Minors soon, but I don't want it to distract or discourage me from the process before the momentum is strong enough. It will definitely be this year though I can say that is a goal for sure, to have at the very least all the pips done in 2014.

daphne

If comments seem not to help to the process of creation, then dont post the minors.

Just do what you have to do to facilitate your painting, even if this means hermit-time.

We will wait as we know something of value will come out of your hands.