Thoth Tarot Survey

What is your opinion?

• Thoth is a great Deck.

Votes: 131 69.3%
  • Thoth Deck shall be burned, ripped into pieces, buried, pulverized...

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I do not understand Thoth, therefore will refrain from judging

Votes: 18 9.5%
  • Why so much noise about it?

Votes: 14 7.4%
  • I like the cards, but Crowley's shadow is disturbing...

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • It scares me

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.2%

• Total voters

Lillie

Yay! Thoth fan club!

Woo hoo!!!

World's best deck.

PlatinumDove

I wouldn't consider myself a part of the Thoth fan club, even though I've been using this deck exclusively for the past few weeks. I've found it has a different way of speaking than the other decks I have. The messages it gives can be harsh, versus the other decks I have like the RWS, Legend, Inner Child, etc etc.

NeuroticNovice

Sign me up for the fanclub

I'm a long time Thoth fan. Of the 4 decks I've owned Thoth is the favorite.
Its brutally honest and thats what I like about it. The art isn't as pretty as most other big name decks but thats not important. Its about substance, not style.

Lillie

The art is pretty.

(I swear to god, I am going to defend this deck to the death...)

Pretty

Pretty

Pretty

Alta

I am staunchly beside you. I think the artwork is pretty. Inspired in fact; I am so enamoured of many of the cards.

spiral

If I'm honest, since finally getting round to getting hold of Thoth I really don't think I could consider using another deck. I think it's Crowley's greatest contribution to occult study bar none.

Sojourn

I love the Thoth Deck! It was my very first deck. Although it is not my primary deck anymore I still get the most detailed readings from it. So when things get heavy grab your Thoth!!

NewWorldAstrology

Lot to enjoy

I notice many people don't want answers to questions based on motivation, but more on 'what is going to happen' The Thoth for me is a great self-reflector and also I can override peoples ego nature with readings and tell people the more core elements of a situation - since these show the essential energies at play.

It's easy with other decks to get caught up in the 'what do the pictures show will happen to this picture' as opposed to this deck which makes us question 'whats the motivation/outlook/soul-focus causing these events to transpire in the outer world' that I enjoy so much.

SO much to explore and enjoy here, and I think it is a very valuable deck because of that.

Dean

A great well thought out deck with so much combined into one Tarot, a good deck for learning and also great for it's images, as i'am now wondering how many more thoth editions have i got left to get.:laugh:

AbstractConcept

Its the only deck I think is worth using, studying and loving.
I mean, compare it to its contemoraries, and you're left with an ugly and rediculously coloured Rider Waite, old and archaic Marsailes and fuffy bunny clones for the new agers.
Lady Frida and To Meta Therion contributed the most sublime deck ever created.

AND it's not aged a day!