Planet Series: The SUN & MOON relationship -- a PARTICIPATION thread.

dadsnook2000

The last two phases and the aspects

Squares are recognized by everyone as being a major aspect. But, one square is not like anothe square. We have talked about the square before in this thread -- the opening square. The opening square, when the Moon has moved 90 degrees ahead of the Sun, was characterized by the urge to act, more energy applied than brains applied. The feeling that a struggle, and not always one that was going well, was happening is associated with this square.

When we reach a point where the Moon is 270 degrees in motion and distance ahead of the Sun, we have another square. This square also represents a challenge but the challenge is addressed from a position of competence and skills previously aquired. This square is where "the Man lives", its where he acts from. The opening square is threaded with futility, struggle, being unsure, acting because action seems to be needed. The closing square is where one has an approved podium to speak and act from, where one acts from his reputation, where one speaks for him/herself, for a company or institution, or for a cause. Confidence, projection, focus -- all of these things are brought into a one-sided struggle to convince, lead, make aware.

The only other two aspects before the Moon catches up with Sun and completes ints cycle as it starts another are the closing sextile and semi-sextile. The sextile is communication in review, teaching, testing, asking "do you remember?", reviewing. The semi-sextile, not considered of being important by many astrologers (including me), is best characterized as "sudden realization that this is your bus stop, the ride is about to end, its time to get off." In other words, the sextile is communicating those things important to you, the semi-sextile is when you listen to yourself and take some advice about the necessity of change.

Now, not everyone who has their Moon somewhere between 270 and 359 degrees ahead of the Sun will enjoy an actual "within-orb aspect." We can go back to our Sun-Moon Phase relationship. With the Moon at 270 degrees to 315 degrees ahead of the Sun, we have the CHANGER Phase. Here we can note a commitment being made to the future, to being inspiring so as to get others to move with you toward that vision. Once we find the Moon reaching the 315 degrees or being even closer to the Sun, we have the PROPHET Phase wherein there is an awareness of ones growth towards a new self.

** Huredriel is an example of the CHANGER Phase, the Moon being 53 degrees behind the Sun, 307 degrees ahead of the Sun. We have the Sun in the 10th, the Moon close to the 9th -- perhaps we should treat it as a combination of the 8th and 9th houses. The identity and will works its way by using personal magnetism and charm (8th house Moon) and an appeal based on being well informed, traveled, suave, poised (9th house Moon). So what does Huredriel do? -- perhaps that will be shared.

** Dadsnook (that's me) is an example of the PROPHET Phase. Sun in the 4th, Moon in the 3rd and approaching the 4th/IC. The Sun position suggests basic values and personal beliefs and tastes are highly important -- we have someone who insists on being a unique individual. The Moon in the 3rd/4th houses suggests a need to be heard (communication), to enjoy a facility of movement and mind (3rd house) and perhaps a need to follow through on inner feelings and developed personal values (4th house Moon). From my own warped perspective I see this as having to be creative, imaginative, busy, able to show and promote personal beliefs and interests.

A final word for this thread from me: We have covered the full cylce of Moon relative to the Sun, both in terms of aspects and phase meanings where aspects did not exist. It is now up to the list participants to join in and comment as they see fit so as to help us all better under the material given. Meanwhile, I have to go back and perhaps edit a prior posting as we had two participants who have the BELIEVER Phase in their charts and I think I only covered one. Dave.

Crystelle

Crystelle -- BELIEVER

dadsnook2000 said:
** Crystelle, who just joined our data listing, is our FIRST example of the BELIEVER Phase. Sun at 23 Sag, Moon at 13 Leo yields a seperation of 110 degrees, putting the Moon 250 degrees ahead of the Sun, past the 225 degree cycle-phase point. Note the Sun in the 5th house area, the Moon in the 1st house area. Creativeness, one's own or in support of others, could be a key idea. As a teacher of some sort, Paradoxx would need to show the first house Moon, perhaps by being visible, being an emotional leader, an enthusiast for what is offered to the world. One on one contacts would be expected. Perhaps "teacher" should be modified to "counselor" or "guide" of some sort. We have to note the 5th house and 1st house linkage --children, school, artistic work, a critic? Something along those lines would fit.

Okay Dave, I'm going to take a swing: You described the BELIEVER as someone that comes with a message. I am often a guide to friends, a counselor to those that are lost, a teacher to those that are willing and hungry to learn. I find myself constantly digressing into areas of interest with people in coffee shops. I am an accomplished debator. I rarely lose, but that being said I rarely engage on topics which I have not properly researched. My positions are carefully chosen and details recorded in my memory to support my opinion's strength. I often intimate universal truths that I have come to understand through my less than picturesque life to all levels of understanding. I can talk to 3 yr olds and 43 yr olds. Many of the Tarot subscribers here have commented on my insight and intuition. This is not to say that I am not very often wrong but I am always told that even in being wrong I almost convince my discussion partner that I am right through the persuasiveness of my communication style. I have been writing at a collegiate level since I was in 6th grade. I attended John Hopkins University at the age of 12 for writing. I am also a rather skilled artisan, artist, and interior decorator.

Does that make sense with my description?
Love Crystelle

dadsnook2000

Crystelle, a wonderful reply

Your reply was very thoughtful and complete, Crystelle. Yes, the interpetation give from one factor-combination (Sun & Moon phase and house position) was a nice match to what you described.

Remember here, this method is the INITIAL VIEW of the chart. It is meant to be a starting point and a specific short statement upon which we will add other specific short statements. The process is one of building up several specific views of the chart before we start to synthesize/blend the primary chart elements. This allows us to do two things: 1) engage the client in a meaningful dialog, and 2) later pursue adding details and refinements to a true and solid understanding of the chart. The details might come from signs, minor aspects, dignitaries and detriments, rulerships and mutal receptions, asteroids and arabian parts, mid-point structures, whatever. But none of that should, IMHO, ever enter anyones mind until they know what they are talking about relative to the basic structure and truth of the chart and the person seeking their help.

So, yes, Crystelle, this feed back is appropriate and supports the inititial statement made. Your feedback is essential to this list because it supports everyone else's understanding and confidence in this simple, direct and specific way of looking at a chart -- without the dread of being wrong or off on a wild tangent. THE GOAL for every astrological student of any level is to develop his/her toolbox of highly useful, dependable, always workable, methods of examining a chart. If it doesn't work close to 100% then throw it out. There are so many tools and methods in astrology that you won't miss fifty of them. Dave. PS, Crystelle, I edited the post to remove Paradoxx's name in your reference area. Sorry about that. I don't (literally) think before I type or analyze a chart -- I just say what comes to mind at that moment, hence a few spelling/writing mistakes here and there.

huredriel

dadsnook2000 said:
** Huredriel is an example of the CHANGER Phase, the Moon being 53 degrees behind the Sun, 307 degrees ahead of the Sun. We have the Sun in the 10th, the Moon close to the 9th -- perhaps we should treat it as a combination of the 8th and 9th houses. The identity and will works its way by using personal magnetism and charm (8th house Moon) and an appeal based on being well informed, traveled, suave, poised (9th house Moon). So what does Huredriel do? -- perhaps that will be shared.
Hmmm interesting ........ well I am a Legal PA for a Partner and several lawyers (translate that to dogsbody LOL) .... in a top 5 law firm .... wouldn't see myself as having personal magnetism or charm .... I'm pretty blunt and suffer foot in mouth disease ...... I do like to try and be well-informed (try being the operative word)!

Suave .... erm no ....... poised ..... I try to be but it never quite comes off (or feels that way).

Travelled ...... most of my life no ...... but between 1995 and 2004 (either holidays or karate camps) I did travel quite a bit ....... Japan, Australia, Sri Lanka, Canada, Greek Islands (4), Austria, Germany, UK, Dominican Republic ... but unfortunately never got to see much of the countries I was training in.

paradoxx

dadsnook2000 said:
Since the Moon is also the public and the past, we might want to refine the interpretation to say that Paradoxx has (or feels) obligations to live up to high expectations, or has set a personal set of challenges that requires striving for high achievements relating to what is believed

quite on the mark, my self-governance in regards to quality has also ruffled some feathers among the people i work and live with. This also impacts my work ethic and i put in as much as i can while following the criteria of the rules provided.

your statement of benig a seeker is quite intriguiing, and as of recently (like the last week) my psychic intuition has been amplified to the point where I am more beliver in my own ability than ever before. Inforamtion that I just look at ona surface level all of the sudden starts popping up elsewhere and the base of informaiton taht I have located offers me the ability to argue my points with ease.

Except half the time i don't know what it is i am seeking until i find it right in front of me, it can be very disorienting at times.

Crystelle

dadsnook2000 said:
Your reply was very thoughtful and complete, Crystelle. Yes, the interpetation give from one factor-combination (Sun & Moon phase and house position) was a nice match to what you described.

This is an a great learning tool! Thank you Dave!

WhiteRaven

Dadsnook....would this mean that I am a Prophet Phase because my moon is 12 degrees behind the sun? Am I following this correctly?

dadsnook2000

White Raven

Yes, your Sun-Moon phase is the "prophet." Now, for you, what does that mean? By now you should know the drill.

First, you understand what the Prohphet Phase means -- growth towards a new self. You have to consider this in its broader meaning. Growing towards a new you means leaving behind the old you, perhaps giving up a life style or an obsession, walking away from life situations that you had built up over time, or you may have had a vision or inspiration of something much different than what you have now. This is what the Prohphet Phase can include.

Second, you have to consider the Sun's house position, in this case the 9th. You are outward focused, appreciative of study and learning, aware of the benefits of reaching out to others for resources that can be useful.

Third, you have to consider the Moon's house position, the 8th -- perhaps approaching the 9th. A strong need to share, to feel part of something outside of yourself, a need to understand the inner workings of others. Or, if the 9th house has any meaning there may be some kind of need to reach way out beyond current capabilities and "known" things or practices. So, how would we take this out of the "astro-babble" arena, what might we expect?

You are on a path to discovery, self-discovery. You are becoming a detective of sorts, one who seeks to understand your own and other's inner workings and power to manage themselves. Are you helping others to change as you seek to change? What secrets do you keep or seek? An interesting pattern. You might want to apply this approach to your own words and seek to better understand the mechanics of this astrological methodology. Dave

WhiteRaven

Thank you Dave.....this is the first time that an Astrologist hits me on the button so to speak. In "Tarot-babble" we would say this entire summary is "spot on".

dadsnook2000 said:
Growing towards a new you means leaving behind the old you, perhaps giving up a life style or an obsession, walking away from life situations that you had built up over time, or you may have had a vision or inspiration of something much different than what you have now. This is what the Prohphet Phase can include.

This is very true and I have been working towards the "new" me intensively for the last two years.....and yes, the build up commenced in childhood and just snowballed from there.

Second, you have to consider the Sun's house position, in this case the 9th. You are outward focused, appreciative of study and learning, aware of the benefits of reaching out to others for resources that can be useful.

This also is true. I have my nose in a book....or somewhere online studying all kinds of things....I do ask when I need to and use the resources that are available to continue my studies.

Third, you have to consider the Moon's house position, the 8th -- perhaps approaching the 9th. A strong need to share, to feel part of something outside of yourself, a need to understand the inner workings of others. Or, if the 9th house has any meaning there may be some kind of need to reach way out beyond current capabilities and "known" things or practices. So, how would we take this out of the "astro-babble" arena, what might we expect?

This also makes sense and if I'm correct in regards to progressive charts...I would fall into a believer stage....(I know we're not in progressive....but it's interesting how both blend in this particular area you speak of at this point in my life.)

You are on a path to discovery, self-discovery. You are becoming a detective of sorts, one who seeks to understand your own and other's inner workings and power to manage themselves. Are you helping others to change as you seek to change?

I have been told by many that as I seek to heal and understand myself and others, I do help others change as well.

What secrets do you keep or seek?

Ah...secrets....hmmm....I share with those that wish to heal....yes....I share with those that wish to seek with me those mysteries yet to unravel....I'm not quite sure what I'm searching for....but I know it's out there...whatever it may be.

An interesting pattern.

Yes...I would agree with you here too...interesting and complexed.

Again, thank you Dave. This amazes me because as I have said above, this is the first time an Astrologist pins me so well....and I have consulted a few in my life so far.

dadsnook2000

And its only . . .

And its only the first step in looking at the chart, White Raven! What the list has to keep in mind is that this is just the beginning. There are other steps similar to these that can just as easily reveal more -- simple steps that offer specific insights. Build up a few simple, specific insights and you can forget having to "do the entire chart" as you'll already know the person whithout even having broken a sweat.

I haven't yet used a sign, I haven't yet used an aspect. Can it get any more simple than this. Fun, isn't it? Dave