What's the Postman Bringing You? 2010 Part 2

cardlady22

Well, after much hem-ing and haw-ing, I've ordered both the Transparent Oracle and the Transparent Tarot.
TG for Amazon's free Super Saver shipping. :bugeyed:

RCVD 5/6 ~ I'm all a-flutter!

Tarot Orat

Just swiped the Tiny Bug Tarot on eBay - practically cheap! It's been on my wishlist so long. Yay!

emmsma

Received yesterday: Baroque Bohemian Cats.
Today: Truthseeker's Tarot, lovely, large tarot bag and Kaleanna pendant and bracelet. Oh and lots of mini dice, too. :)

Awaiting:
Grail Tarot
L'Oracle Bleu
Classico Tarocco di Marsiglia
Tarot bags
Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards
Ancient Egyptian
Witches Tarot
Deck of Shadows Oracle
RESPONSI DELLE DIECI SIBILLE
The Fortune Teller's Mah Jongg
German Playing Cards

Le Fanu

Postman brought me the pocket version of the Buckland-Romani, an edition based on the 1st edition deck. It is so beautiful and such good quality cardstock. So chunky and richly coloured. I love it. Everything I love in a deck without it being mini! Why is this edition not more widespread I wonder?

Others still to come but I think I posted what's still outstanding on the other page :)

greatdane

Might we see a picture of that deck....

sometime, Le Fanu? It sounds really lovely.

Always like seeing what the postman is bringing you!

GD

shadowdancer

HI Le Fanu

I hope I am wrong but I suspect the pocket sized Buckland you have is in fact a sort of pirated version produced in Russia. I did have one of these myself a long time ago, and didn't realise at the time that may have been the case.
(Mine was from e-bay). It is easy to buy these in good faith and it is no criticism of you if you did. And you are right - it is a nice version of this deck. Just to give you a wee heads up in case you find others do come in querying it.

Davina

Le Fanu

shadowdancer said:
HI Le Fanu

I hope I am wrong but I suspect the pocket sized Buckland you have is in fact a sort of pirated version produced in Russia. I did have one of these myself a long time ago, and didn't realise at the time that may have been the case.
(Mine was from e-bay). It is easy to buy these in good faith and it is no criticism of you if you did. And you are right - it is a nice version of this deck. Just to give you a wee heads up in case you find others do come in querying it.
:bugeyed: Oh really???

Altena

Oh dear, I have one of those mini-size Buckland Romanis coming my way too, really hope that isn't the case :bugeyed:

emmsma

If it bothers you to have a bootleg. PM me when it arrives. :p

MoonGypsy

Actually, someone mentioned this particular Buckland Romani deck is from Poland.

ETA: I found it, it was in Aurarcana's post:

Publisher: Česká Karta - Poland (Printed in 2009). There's an address on the box too.

Also, the Russian ones had a flower border...

Hugs,
MGxxx