Rider Waite card(s) secret......

Shoshin

Wow,

There's a lot of things going on in this thread!

Regarding the High Priestess, look at where the sphere on her crown is located. Exactly were Daath would be! Also, the cross over her heart correlates to Tipheret. The significance of these two correspondences is far beyond the scope of this thread. (and my limited experience!)

This one's a little too obvious but the 10 of pentacles has the coins arranged in the tree of life.

"I find the creature on the two of cups resembling one of the creatures from the Book of Revelation. A lions head with the wings of an eagle."

Read Crowley's explanation for this symbol and the two of cups will make a lot more sense.

" Can anyone explain if the red feathers in 0-The Fool, 13-Death and 19-The Sun have any symbolic meaning?"

I read somewhere that the feather on The Fool and The Sun represents Uraeus, the cobra found on the headress of Egyptian royality. Symbolizing spiritual enlightenment and protection from harm. That definition seems to fit those two cards well. About the one on the Death card, I don't know, to paraphrase Freud, maybe sometimes a feather is just a feather :)

The Nine of Pentacles, for me, is about patience. Slow and steady wins the race. The snail, trained bird and grape vines symbolize this. I've never trained a bird before but just teaching a dog to sit requires a lot of patience! I just thought of something else. What do you do to grape vines? You train them!

I guess that's enough for now.

aqua

rws and the 9 of pentacles

Originally posted by Yaboot001

Firstly, I have been searching for the second person in the 9 of pentacles but cannot find them. Where exactly are they? Please tell me before I go crazy looking.Lastly, above what appears to me to be a snail, can anybody interpret what the black 'squiggle' is that sits just beneath the pentacle.

now this is strange.....
was reading the post re 9 of pentacles and grabbed my deck to take a good look at the card, as i do a daily card reflection draw i turned the deck upside down to hunt thru the cards and hmmmm...what was there sitting on the bottom.......the 9 of pentacles

matfav

feathers

Ancient Egyptian religions saw the feather as the personification of pure truth. The symbol of the soul

the fool is truth
death returns us to pure truth
the sun is truth (innocence)
the feather could be seen as the truth of the soul.

In ancient times the heart of the deceased was weighed against a feather by osiris. then the persons fate was decided.

Also the expresssion " a feather in your cap" meaning good fate, fortune, a happy circumstance.
Red is the color of the base chakra but also one of energy, vitality and life.

Little Baron

Thanks for that Matfav; I will jot those points down.

Yaboot

Little Baron

Thanks Shuba. Will take a look for that in the morning.

Regards

Yaboot

Phoenyx

infinity symbol?

What is the correlation between the infinity sign above the I Magus and the infinity symbol above the woman in VIII Strength?

Rusty Neon

Re: infinity symbol?

Phoenyx said:
What is the correlation between the infinity sign above the I Magus and the infinity symbol above the woman in VIII Strength?

It's interesting to note in the case of the Strength card, the 8th numbered RWS trump, that the infinity symbol is the number 8 turned on its side. This is especially interesting in light of the fact that the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn and the RWS deck reverse the 8th and 11th trumps from the Tarot de Marseille trump order.

krantz

I only started getting into the Tarot some months ago (this is my first post!), and have usually found that what the cards say to me is rather different from the consensus meaning... but when I found this thread and started looking for the hidden images (the other face on the child on 6c, the second person on 9p, the skull on 7c), I had no trouble finding them.

Seems to me like not all hope is lost...

k r a n t z

celeste

After reading this thread,I took a closer look at my Rider-Waite deck and made some

other amazing discoveries(I can't believe I didn't notice these before!)

For example,(and I could be wrong about this)I never noticed the dead king being trampled over by the white horse in the Death trump. Also are my eyes seeing things or is that the(priest)in the Hierophant bowing (like in submission)before Death. Also did anybody notice the two towers in the distance(like on the Moon)only the sun is rising between them now? What does that mean-new consciousness after sub-conciousness?

In the Star and Temperance both figures have one foot in the water and one out(balancing emotion and logic?). The woman in the star is pouring out while the angel in Temperence is mixing.

As for the 10 of cups family,it looks like their happiness despite thier humble beginnings has dissipated due to thier over emphasis on managing thier accumulated wealth. Family relationships seem to be ignored,(the child, dogs and old man).
Maybe if the old man is really the Hermit the child and the dogs are attracted to him because he represents wisdom.(He is patting the dogs while the child is too-maybe realizing there are other role models in this family?) Maybe he is part of the family because he balances out the overemphasis on
material gain.

As far as the double helix(I think thats what its called-correct me if I'm wrong)in Strenght and the Magician I think it means that they both get thier inspiration for handling things a different way by
spiritual forces.

moggy

9 Pentacles

I give up! I cant find the second person on this card either!!

I also don't see the second face on the child in the 6 Cups..

Where is it?? Help!