The Cartomancy Study Thread

CosmicBeing

I might be going to an event Tomorrow September 1st...Mah Jongg. It is more of a socializing and having fun event...it's nothing more than socializing.

How will attending the Mah Jongg event go for me on September 1st 2016?
5 :heart:
Good health. The hand of friendship or a friend. Sexual relations. Enjoyment, entertainment in general.
/
A :diamond:
Money. A letter. Something new, generally connected with finances, but not invariably. Fire. A diamond ring, but other cards must support that interpretation.
/
8 :diamond:
Thoughts about money or finances. Financial plans, budgeting, how to make ends meet. Computer or other electronic (fire) media used for communication. Electronics in general. Occasionally, a bank, accounting firm, financial planning firm.
the greater-numbered 8s tend to show groups of people.
/
k :heart:
A man of medium coloring. An emotional man, and thus one that will seek security in a relationship. An artistic man. The father or other man in the seeker’s family, such as a brother or uncle. A husband. A family man. Whoever he is, he will have the seeker’s welfare and best interests at heart. Emotional power or the power to arouse feeling.
The reverse is true if a gay woman sees a King of Hearts in her reading—she can expect to meet
the girl of her dreams.
/
3 :spade:
Problems adding up. Small aggravations. Interference from a third party. Loss, something lost.

(there will be no chance of winning anything from my knowledge of the event)

Entertaining event 5:heart: found through written information A:diamond:
on a computer 8:diamond: that gives the powers to arouse feelings k:heart: that may cause small internal aggravations 3:spade:

or

A hand of friendship 5:heart: will be made that leads to written communication A :diamond: through texting 8:diamond: with a female or a man k:heart: that about loss/small aggravation 3:spade:

I am not sure how many female will be there and how man males there will be there. That's why I took K of :heart: to indicate both genders.

zhadee

Hi ladies (and gents?) I have been following your learning thread off and on and I have been studying the playing cards as well. I am almost there if you know what I mean. I Have mainly been reading Fortune Telling Using Playing Cards by Jonathan Dee. I have also found a nice website you may be interested in. I have found this websites meanings are pretty much the same as the book. They seem to take on a lot of the traditional meanings (if there is such a thing). I am finding a pattern of even numbers as more positive and odd numbers more negative (give or take). So I thought maybe you would like to add the link to your list. The playing cards are fun aren't they? You guys are doing great. The website is called DestinyWitch.com.

http://www.destinywitch.com/Pages/default.aspx

hi MagicJack,

thank you very much for the link. I've added the website to our small collection. :)

zhadee

oh, I love Mah Jongg, I am quite envious! I'll try to read this line focused on the game

5 :heart: - a group of people - 4 people grouped around the Mah Jongg table
A :diamond: is a beginning - :diamond: is money and luck... it is a game of luck. You could win something, if not money than you'd have a good time
8 :diamond: is idle chatter, exchange of information that has little value.
K :heart: could be your partner during the game, a player.
3 :spade: this is the road block - things do not go anywhere. Or reading the card as loss; either the K :heart: is unlucky, or when the game is over, each of the player goes their seperate ways again.

AraLuck

hi MagicJack,

thank you very much for the link. I've added the website to our small collection. :)

Brilliant site! Thank you so much MagicJack :D

AraLuck

oh, I love Mah Jongg, I am quite envious! I'll try to read this line focused on the game

A :diamond: is a beginning - :diamond: is money and luck... it is a game of luck. You could win something, if not money than you'd have a good time
3 :spade: this is the road block - things do not go anywhere. Or reading the card as loss; either the K :heart: is unlucky, or when the game is over, each of the player goes their seperate ways again.

I'll add my 2 cents: since this is a first time event for CB... so learning from this new group, through exchange of information - and perhaps the K :heart: could be some sort of protector, mentor... may be not the traditional role for this card, but could be because he takes her to 'heart'? ;-) Last one, 3 :spade:, she didn't quite enjoy it... a dead end, as you said Z. Or doesn't know whether to continue attending other events... some indecision... do we progress to the 4 or not?

CosmicBeing

was unable to go tonight.. I had to run of and do stuff for my family. I just literally got home a hour ago...early morning hours of September 2nd.
But, the question wasn't...will I go.

You made great interpretation of the cards... I wish I could have gone to let you know how it went. But, I will definitely try to make the next one. Which i believe is next week.....So not sure if I should redraw or just wait till the next Mah Jongg event to give feedback/reflect on these cards.

CosmicBeing

I'll add my 2 cents: since this is a first time event for CB... so learning from this new group, through exchange of information - and perhaps the K :heart: could be some sort of protector, mentor... may be not the traditional role for this card, but could be because he takes her to 'heart'? ;-) Last one, 3 :spade:, she didn't quite enjoy it... a dead end, as you said Z. Or doesn't know whether to continue attending other events... some indecision... do we progress to the 4 or not?

A good perspective.. I saw K :heart: as a friendly person which could be a mentor. I would definitely need to be taught. I was planning on going just to get out...socialize and think about other stuff.

Sadly couldn't go this week..but will try to make it next week.

AraLuck

A good perspective.. I saw K :heart: as a friendly person which could be a mentor. I would definitely need to be taught. I was planning on going just to get out...socialize and think about other stuff.

Sadly couldn't go this week..but will try to make it next week.

Then that 3 :spade: is precisely that you couldn't go.. it seems! The final dark spot :cool5:

CosmicBeing

Then that 3 :spade: is precisely that you couldn't go.. it seems! The final dark spot :cool5:

I was thinking that maybe the 3 of :spade: might have been telling me that.

A mentorship k :heart: that had to be canceled : 3 of :spade:

zhadee

3 :spade: = roadblock - things do not get anywhere :D gotta love those cards!