Lemniscates in the RWS...

Shaymus

It's easy to see them on the Magician, Strength and 2 of Pentacles cards, but has anyone noticed the other two? (I don't want to say right now, as I'm sure you'll want to look for yourself, if you haven't already found them).

I just realized they were there.

Shaymus

Fulgour

Hi Shaymus

XXI The World :) Ribbons top and bottom?!

Shaymus

Yes! I hadn't noticed that they form that pattern until a few days ago. Did you notice them before now?

Shaymus

patrickjutte

lemniscate in the rws

what about the 9 of cups...

Patrick

Shaymus

You mean by the way he is holding his arms? Wow, looks like one to me now, too!

Shaymus

coredil

Two of cups: the end of the black handle

The Star: some Stones (or leaves?) on the ground

And a brown melting one (Like Salvador Dalis clocks) on the shoulder of the man in Nine of pentacles
:)

Rogan

Im embarassed to ask... but...
What are lemniscates??

Shaymus

They are those shapes that look like the number 8 on its side, such as what appears above the heads of the Magician and of the woman portrayed on the Strength card.

Shaymus

patrickjutte

lemniscate in the RWS

Any idea what figures u get if u put the two lemniscates of trump 1 and trump 11 together (two vertical figures of 8 next to each other)?...

Patrick

The_Star

lemniscates

Shaymus said:
They are those shapes that look like the number 8 on its side, such as what appears above the heads of the Magician and of the woman portrayed on the Strength card.

Shaymus

Also, lemniscates indicate an energetic that is ALWAYS present. For instance in The Magician.... we are always using The Magician archetype.... for good or ill we are always creating... a meal, a job, a family, a situation...
It is something that is NEVER turned off. At best we can only have the illusuion that the energetic is turned off.