Easy Lenormand Handbook?

cbiz83

I was unexpectedly gifted with the Easy Lenormand by my mother. The cards seem fine. Has anyone read the book by Katz and Goodwin? It's packaged with the set. This will be my first experience with Lenormand and wondering if it's a decent introduction.

3ill.yazi

I know their full-length book on Lenormand received some criticism in this forum back in the day, so you may want to tread cautiously. But perhaps this is a revision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Astraea

My recommendation would be Rana George's The Essential Lenormand. It is a superb guide for beginner through professional reader. I like Katz and Goodwin for their tarot work, but I found their Lenormand book disappointing.

tarotlova

I second the above book of Rana George it's fantastic Marcus & Katz are to opinionated with their meanings, ie it's there way or not at all plus I feel they make up stuff. When I was a member of their online Lenormand forum he argued black & blue his meaning was right and not mine. So I left, I've been reading these for 20 years. I would suggest dipping in on the Lenormand forum on AT you can practice to your hearts content. :)

cbiz83

Thanks so much everyone. I really appreciate the suggestions, and I'm eager to start working with the lenormand deck (and terrified that now I'll be pining for more of these in addition to all the tarot decks!).

Astraea

Thanks so much everyone. I really appreciate the suggestions, and I'm eager to start working with the lenormand deck (and terrified that now I'll be pining for more of these in addition to all the tarot decks!).
Yes, it's a slippery slope! :D

Padma

You can always use sites like cafe Lenormand, as well as learnlenormand. There are many videos on the topic - youtube has a few good teaching videos, I think one of the most popular is Donnaleigh from tarot tribe - Paris Debono has some that are also good, as well as Malkiel Rouven Dietrich.

I second Rana George's book :) She is very chatty in a friendly way, and very thorough.

Have fun with your cards! (and yes, you will want more than one deck in your collection! }) )

ETA The Lenormand games section in the Lenormand subforum here is very useful for learning how to read card combinations :)

Le Fanu

I remember trying so hard with the book when it came out - as it was the first of quite a few launched at about the same time.

But there was a point in the book - was it around page 60? - when it just got very unclear and vague and contradictory and confusing. It was so sudden. Like slipping off the edge of a cliff. It's when they get to explaining the Grande Tableau, I think.

I went back and reread and reread and retraced my steps - but no - it lost me. I only use it for the card meanings; it's OK on those. But on how to actually read with Lenormands it disappoints.

Astraea

I remember trying so hard with the book when it came out - as it was the first of quite a few launched at about the same time.

But there was a point in the book - was it around page 60? - when it just got very unclear and vague and contradictory and confusing. It was so sudden. Like slipping off the edge of a cliff. It's when they get to explaining the Grande Tableau, I think.

I went back and reread and reread and retraced my steps - but no - it lost me. I only use it for the card meanings; it's OK on those. But on how to actually read with Lenormands it disappoints.
Just to be clear - you're referring to the Katz and Goodwin book, right?