The lily card

1Eleven

Thanks!
Sorry to keep picking your brains, but since the issue of asking specific questions came up:

I am waiting to hear back from a certain institution about the upcoming interview. It is out of town and we already have a date set up. However, they said they would get back to me about helping to pay for my travel expenses. That was Monday, and I have yet to hear back from them.

So I tossed the following question: Will I hear back from XYZ today?

I got: child + scythe + coffin

The immediate interpretation seems to be "no." But is there anything else I should read into this spread?

Can you show your work on this?

Kurenai

Well, I thought for "yes or no" questions, one simply looks how many negative cards are there as opposed to positive ones. In that sense, I have two negative cards and one positive one, so I interpreted the answer as being "no."

However, I wanted to see if others had any different way of interpreting the cards.

MandMaud

Hello

In health area, Lily card is connected with aging problems, sexualy transmitted problems, eyes, hearing. Fish: kidney, bladder, dehydratation, swelling, fertility.
Breast used to be connected to Child card.

This made me think, maybe it depends what the breast means to you (or the person you're reading for, in cases when that isn't yourself). For some people it's entirely sexual, for others it's all about feeding children. For many it's a bit of both.

Though when the lily refers to sexuality, it's usually the male genitalia if I remember right (someone correct me)?

Amanda

This made me think, maybe it depends what the breast means to you (or the person you're reading for, in cases when that isn't yourself). For some people it's entirely sexual, for others it's all about feeding children. For many it's a bit of both.

Though when the lily refers to sexuality, it's usually the male genitalia if I remember right (someone correct me)?

Yes. From the Lenormand! App:

Kurenai

Thank you, yes! :)

But also I notice: "can herald a period of gestation or recovery" - which could refer to the breast cancer support group meeting!

ETA: Alternatively, the "wise guru" or even the "detached observer" could well be the meeting co-ordinator.

This is kind of funny, but I interpreted lily as breasts because in literature or the olden days, people would comment on how white a woman's bosom was -- "lily white breasts."

Padma

While I was waiting to adopt my new dog from the rescue, I kept getting the Lily card in reference to her. We chose the name Bronwen for her, which means "white-breasted and fair" and she is an all white dog. :) She also acts and looks more mature than she is, and she is a peaceful dog. All of those I would ascribe to Lily, and I think your comment about women being described as having a fair or white breast makes sense with Lily.

To me, wisdom about the surgery + recovery from a collective, or group of people, would perfectly fit the Scythe/Lily/Fish combo.

I also think Lily is meant to suggest healing, or recovery, in certain contexts, and so I second MandMaud on her take on that! Also Amanda's take in regard to a school of fish being quite literally the support group. "A lot of" people is one of my terms for this card, as "a lot of" something is implicated with Fish.

In regard to your Child/Scythe/Coffin, if you were hoping to hear from XYZ, that new start with them you had hoped for (Child) is cut; (Scythe) and is completely silent in Coffin. No, you won't hear anything "new" (Child) from them today.

Amanda

Thank you, yes! :)

But also I notice: "can herald a period of gestation or recovery" - which could refer to the breast cancer support group meeting!

ETA: Alternatively, the "wise guru" or even the "detached observer" could well be the meeting co-ordinator.

Yep -- I was reflecting also -- I'm thinking I read or interpreted the Fish before as something a little more 'spiritual' as well -- that would make sense for a support group, I think. I think that could certainly be heightened by the Lily.

This is kind of funny, but I interpreted lily as breasts because in literature or the olden days, people would comment on how white a woman's bosom was -- "lily white breasts."

I like that! Good interpretation :thumbsup:

In regard to your Child/Scythe/Coffin, if you were hoping to hear from XYZ, that new start with them you had hoped for (Child) is cut; (Scythe) and is completely silent in Coffin. No, you won't hear anything "new" (Child) from them today.

I think this a good interpretation as well. :thumbsup:

Kurenai

While I was waiting to adopt my new dog from the rescue, I kept getting the Lily card in reference to her. We chose the name Bronwen for her, which means "white-breasted and fair" and she is an all white dog. :) She also acts and looks more mature than she is, and she is a peaceful dog. All of those I would ascribe to Lily, and I think your comment about women being described as having a fair or white breast makes sense with Lily.

To me, wisdom about the surgery + recovery from a collective, or group of people, would perfectly fit the Scythe/Lily/Fish combo.

I also think Lily is meant to suggest healing, or recovery, in certain contexts, and so I second MandMaud on her take on that! Also Amanda's take in regard to a school of fish being quite literally the support group. "A lot of" people is one of my terms for this card, as "a lot of" something is implicated with Fish.

So I'm not the only one linking lily with breasts! :)
I am still confused about the child + scythe + coffin. There wasn't anything new that came up on the group meeting -- people give updates on their status in terms of health, but no drastic changes in anyone.

Padma

I am still confused about the child + scythe + coffin. There wasn't anything new that came up on the group meeting -- people give updates on their status in terms of health, but no drastic changes in anyone.

You should know you have answered your own question! "there wasn't anything new that came up on the group meeting" = Child/Scythe/Coffin. The cards were saying, nothing new (Child, Child/Coffin) comes out of this, no change in the situation (Scythe + Coffin = nothing, end, no news). I hope that helps :)