Scythe card... Something to be scared about?

Kurenai

Hi guys,
In the past week or so, I've been getting a lot of the scythe card presence in my daily 3-card drawings. It is very odd to me, since I think I am shuffling the deck quite well. Of course, everything depends on the question, the context of the reading, as well as the surrounding cards. But I was wondering if anyone had similar experiences as I.

Padma

It can just mean making rapid decisions, or cutting out things that are no longer useful in your life. It can mean going to the dentist, getting shots from a doc, or cutting or hurtful words from others...or maybe you are really accident prone, or work with knives or needles - is there anything at all that relates to that in your life lately?

Also, it depends what comes up with it. If you are doing three card spreads, the card that the blade of the Scythe points to is what is being discussed or cut, or hurt, or fixed by a doc or dentist...

ETA I think a card that comes up all the time is really trying to tell you something!

Kurenai

It can just mean making rapid decisions, or cutting out things that are no longer useful in your life. It can mean going to the dentist, getting shots from a doc, or cutting or hurtful words from others...or maybe you are really accident prone, or work with knives or needles - is there anything at all that relates to that in your life lately?

Also, it depends what comes up with it. If you are doing three card spreads, the card that the blade of the Scythe points to is what is being discussed or cut, or hurt, or fixed by a doc or dentist...

ETA I think a card that comes up all the time is really trying to tell you something!

Interesting point with the blade of the scythe. I never thought about that. :) Thanks!

Padma

what the back end of the Scythe (heel and handle) is facing at is safe :)

Also remember the Lennies can be really literal, especially in daily draws. I once had the Lady, Coffin and Scythe come up to indicate me cutting away the borders of a deck of tarot cards that day :laugh:

Kurenai

what the back end of the Scythe (heel and handle) is facing at is safe :)

Also remember the Lennies can be really literal, especially in daily draws. I once had the Lady, Coffin and Scythe come up to indicate me cutting away the borders of a deck of tarot cards that day :laugh:

Funny thing just happened. This morning I pulled out the following card:

snake + scythe + stork

And as you know I was worried about the scythe card.... And guess what???

I was scheduled to go on a trip out of town for an interview next Tuesday. And today I received a phone call and now I have to adjust my itinerary completely! Now I am set to leave tomorrow!

Do you think that was what the cards were implying? I thought the "travel" card was the ship rather than the stork.

Padma

Snake - woman, troubles, worries
Scythe - sudden decisions, departures
Stork - travel, improvements, leaving yet coming back. A card of returning :)

Snake/Scythe/Stork = woman takes a quick detour and makes sudden decision, leaves (positive travel) and returns. Stork shows positive improvements, so if you are going for an interview, it will be a good result!

Hopefully, someone else comes along and comments! Lots of great Lennie readers here :)

Have a great trip!

1Eleven

Funny thing just happened. This morning I pulled out the following card:

snake + scythe + stork

And as you know I was worried about the scythe card.... And guess what???

I was scheduled to go on a trip out of town for an interview next Tuesday. And today I received a phone call and now I have to adjust my itinerary completely! Now I am set to leave tomorrow!

Do you think that was what the cards were implying? I thought the "travel" card was the ship rather than the stork.

Sounds about right. It looks to be a change for the better (Storks). Yes, the Ship would denote travel but in this case it's more about a sudden change of plans... a winding way.

Padma

Yes, the Ship would denote travel but in this case it's more about a sudden change of plans... a winding way.

Thanks, 1Eleven! I just knew you'd come along - winding way in the perfect way to describe the Snake being there! :thumbsup: :D

Kurenai

Thanks guys!
Interesting how everything unfolds with the Lenormand.

One question from a beginner though: In terms of travel, I thought the "snake" card denoted detours or changing of course (as in taking a different route) -- in this case, I don;t think this interpretation fits, but there has been a drastic change in travel plans!

Kurenai

Snake - woman, troubles, worries
Scythe - sudden decisions, departures
Stork - travel, improvements, leaving yet coming back. A card of returning :)

Snake/Scythe/Stork = woman takes a quick detour and makes sudden decision, leaves (positive travel) and returns. Stork shows positive improvements, so if you are going for an interview, it will be a good result!

Hopefully, someone else comes along and comments! Lots of great Lennie readers here :)

Have a great trip!

Thanks Padma!!!
I hope you're right about the outcome of the interview!!! :)