Pathworking group for newbies....anybody interested?

TarotRNJess

Thank you everyone for your interest and support....

It seems as though the basics of pathworking are straight forward and it is mainly practicing that gets results.

To start off with if people can read this short article:

http://www.jwmt.org/v1n3/pathworking.html (if the link doesn't work just type pathworking into google and it is the first link)

Maybe check out wikihow on lucid dreaming...

& Owlmoon513 on youtube's guidance for pathworking.

I think that should pretty much outline the basics and give us enough to make a start.....

If people are okay with that perhaps we could all start with the universe card, without applying it to the tree, simply trying stepping inside the card and exploring it, we will at least be beginning to actively try and develop skills.

It seems that beginning like that will help us develop the skills that can later develop into lucid dreaming and astral projection which are sometimes used when pathworking with the tree.

If people could either pm or respond here as to whether this sounds okay I would be grateful.

In essence it seems more useful to me to get practicing and share experiences and tips as we go and we can build on our experiences to later try pathworking with the tree of life....

a baby steps approach...(my apologies if this is too basic for some people, but i am assuming most of us have no prior experience and so I thought we should start by developing the basic skills.)

for anyone familiar enough with the tree to begin working there, I found some concise instructions in a couple of posts listed in the studying kaballah section of the forum.

Hope this helps...
That sounds like a great start to me

Barleywine

Sounds good to me. Should we just start and feed into the thread, or wait until everyone gets at least a basic understanding of how it works?

La'al quiet fella

Sounds good to me. Should we just start and feed into the thread, or wait until everyone gets at least a basic understanding of how it works?

If people are okay I think we should make a start & feed into the thread, maybe give anyone who wants to join in couple of weeks to feed in about their experience with the universe card and then decide what to do next?

Barleywine

If we're going to use cards as keys to the paths, should we all work with the same deck, or does it matter? Not all imagery and symbolism are created equal, but that could just lead to nicely personalized results.

TarotRNJess

If we're going to use cards as keys to the paths, should we all work with the same deck, or does it matter? Not all imagery and symbolism are created equal, but that could just lead to nicely personalized results.
I am of the thought process we should use different decks as it might lead to a deeper discussion. But I could go either way with it :)

La'al quiet fella

I am of the thought process we should use different decks as it might lead to a deeper discussion. But I could go either way with it :)

The diversity of different people & different decks all contributing sounds good to me.

Barleywine

The diversity of different people & different decks all contributing sounds good to me.

And to me. Using cards that we're very familiar and comfortable with would make them easier to "enter."

JackofWands

All this sounds good to me. It would be ideal, though, if people posting could note which deck they used and (if possible) provide an image of the card.

Bridget

Should each individual use the same deck for all pathworking exercises, for consistency? Or is it ok to switch it up? (To be clear, I'm not suggesting there should be a rule about it - I'm asking for practical advice.)

Zephyros

I think this is a wonderful idea! I'll be mainly lurking but I'll be in and around. :)