abt the magican

mac22

http://www.tarotpassages.com/old_moonstruck/oneill/1.htm

At the top of the visible leg, just below the bird, is the word “DIN.” It’s Hebrew (nun-yod-daleth) and means judgment. It's an alternative name for the Sephira Geburah (e.g., see Scholem: Major Trends p 263). The Magician is not a path to or from this Sephira in the Golden Dawn system, so its presence on the card is obscure.

Bird what bird, where??

TemperanceAngel

I see it, I see it, WOW, that's what I love about RWS, always someting new ;)

The bird is carved on the table above the word DIN, which is above the Magicians leg!

XTAX

Great to have you here mac22, already so interesting :)

mac22

TemperanceAngel said:
I see it, I see it, WOW, that's what I love about RWS, always someting new ;)

The bird is carved on the table above the word DIN, which is above the Magicians leg!

Thanks!

Great to have you here mac22, already so interesting :)

30 years I've been doing readings and I learn new things every day....:)

TemperanceAngel

So what else do you think is carved next to it?
On the far left, mountains or water? Something else?
In the middle of them both I have no idea :confused:
Gosh it's so subltle, I have just been reading about subtle perceptions and hidden depths and mystery, so this is all very fitting :) XTAX

mac22

mac22 said:
30 years I've been doing readings and I learn new things every day....:) [/IB]

I say the symbol for water.

TemperanceAngel

mac22 said:
I say the symbol for water.
I am not convinced.....
Could be three mountains, sub-conscious, conscious and higher conscious or even the three goddesses, maiden, mother and crone....
XTAX

mac22

TemperanceAngel said:
I am not convinced.....
Could be three mountains, sub-conscious, conscious and higher conscious or even the three goddesses, maiden, mother and crone....
XTAX

Water is a symbol of both the unconscious & higher conscience...:)

TemperanceAngel

mac22 said:
Water is a symbol of both the unconscious & higher conscience...:)
True, but I don't see the Magician being associated with the element Water, he is more to do with Wands, Fire, Consciousness and Manifestation.

So I am still not convinced and at this stage I will stick with the three mountains, a recurrent theme in the RWS Majors ;)

XTAX P.S. This is fun, isn't it!

Mimers

Hi,

You know, I have noticed the bird, but not the word DIN. It means judgement eh? What strikes me is where it is. It supports the table that holds the tools. This implies to me the need for good judgement when weilding our powers and using these tools. Or that it is suppressed for now.

I cant make out what is immediately to the left of the bird, but the next one in looks to me like mountains with a river flowing through. Water carving it's way through earth. Remember this card has all the elements represented on the table. Also the bird looks like the dove on the ace of cups. So, question is why are these water signs carved in wood in this card. again the water carving it's way through earth.

Mimi

Emily

In the Radiant Rider you can't make out the word at all, the bird is fairly clear but the other symbols aren't. I'm off to check the Universal Waite to see if you can see them on there. You can just about see the word and symbols in my pocket Rider Waite.