78 Tarot Carnival

Achlys

It's okay. I'm not really into it. The art doesn't seem very cohesive to me.

gregory

So its not about the Chariot card, or the elephants, its about the "circus elephants". It's about time the depiction of animals in circuses for people's entertainment was not considered normal, humane or OK, because its not.

I hope I made some sense [emoji4]
Well sure - but that card COULD be suggesting they were doubly exploited is all. I wouldn't see it as something suggesting it was OK to decorate them that way or to make them pull the chariot. That is hardly an everything is happy happy happy card - it actually looks threatening.

Then again, it is a "carny" deck and these things ARE in carnivals. however much we wish they weren't. Don't get me wrong - I have never been to a circus in my life - I wasn't even allowed to go as a child - and that was 70 years ago now !

ETA just went through all the cards. There are MANY that are DEEPLY disturbing in this and other ways. But carnivals ARE disturbing.

desertrat

I just received my 78 Tarot Carnival deck in the mail and, much like the other two decks, am very pleased with it.

This may be old news to you all as I am one of those last-to-know type people, but apparently their next project will be a space tarot deck - "78 Tarot Astral". I couldn't find any images, but admittedly didn't put forth much effort. Kickstarter campaign to start in Spring 2017.