Nature Spirit Tarot

tapestry

First time I've seen this, it's lovely! But I've just splashed out on the Tarot of delphi, so I can't get it ��

Holy smokes! Just checked out the Tarot of Delphi and it's amazing!!! Looks like I missed the boat on getting it, tho, as it seems to be out of print now......

cSpaceDiva

I recently received this set and it has exceeded my expectations. The cards, book, tuck box, and outer 2-piece box are all the quality (if not better) that you would expect from a major publisher. I wasn't expecting to use this as a reading deck due to the size of the cards and somewhat specialized theme. I found that the cards are flexible enough that I can actually shuffle them despite their size.

I think the creator, Jean Marie Herzel, made some really thoughtful choices in designing suit symbols that are recognizable and still look like they belong in the natural world. I also appreciate that each suit can be identified by the background color(s). The two-toned watercolor washes are more attractive and also more natural looking than if it was a single, flat color.

I am currently reading through the book, one card per day, so as not to overwhelm myself. I am enjoying learning about the plants and animals in the observable, measurable, natural world, and how they connect to and symbolize the ideas and energies in the unseen, mythical, spirit world. I will note that the book is intended to identify and explain the symbols chosen for this deck rather than a general guide to interpreting cards (the author suggests using multiple sources for that.)

Definitely happy with my purchase and look forward to using it more. :thumbsup: