Pros and Cons Thread #3 - Enabling and De-Enabling

Nemia

Of course your opinion is completely valid, I just wanted to add another point of view. And I don't own the deck so I really can't say whether it has real tarot quality.

Padma

Of course your opinion is completely valid, I just wanted to add another point of view.

And that is exactly what this thread is supposed to do :love:

Padma

English Magic tarot?

I saw this deck on the autofeed of tarot decks on AT's gallery page this morning - hadn't heard of them till now. It seems to have come out this year.

Does anyone have the English Magic deck? If so, what are your thoughts on it? I am hesitating about buying it for only two reasons - really cartoony style, and heavy big borders on the minors. But otherwise, the deck looks really interesting, and I am wondering what kind of readings it gives, having little riddles and things hidden within the otherwise simple drawings. It looks like it might be a really good intuitive reading deck?

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/english-magic-tarot/

Padma

Thanks for the links, AnemoneRosie :) very helpful! I am still undecided, though.

ETA those heavy borders, though! And they can't be trimmed, because the Majors don't have it!

Michellehihi

Soul space oracle cards

I just saw those lovely cards on etsy and I want to resist. Someone please de-enable me!

JylliM

I just saw those lovely cards on etsy and I want to resist. Someone please de-enable me!

Just stop it. I haven't seen them and I'm not even going to peek. Go use the decks you already have, you naughty girl! :)

FLizarraga

Just stop it. I haven't seen them and I'm not even going to peek. Go use the decks you already have, you naughty girl! :)

Wise. You know how many times I have ended up being enabled in this thread, after coming to de-enable someone else?

BodhiSeed

Missed out on the first printing, second printing is in. Anybody want to enable me? I'm pretty close to buying it but it feels a bit static when I spend any time online with it.

I don't have it, but after looking at it online, 'static' seems a good description of it. When I see a layout of cards, I want to be excited about reading them. I want to see more than just what tradition tells me they are supposed to mean. For me, this would be a pretty deck that I wouldn't get much from; I'd prefer a deck with some meat on its bones. :)