Le Tarot de la Nuit

desertrat

I'm hating that Lo Scarabeo hasn't published a 2017 catalogue. I'd love to know what's in the works from them.

They have, however, posted this on Facebook - a new tarot deck currently in progress, expected to be released end of 2017/early 2018. It seems pretty and girly and photomanipulated.

I hope this link works. Facebook doesn't like me much (the feeling is mutual).
https://www.facebook.com/tarotdelanuit/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf

Lunarien

Beautiful Queen of Pentacles!!

But the rest of the deck reminds me of Gilded Tarot...

Annabelle

Meh. It looks like something I've seen before, too much like stereotypical fantasy art. It's very pretty, but not to my taste.

Falcor

Meh. It looks like something I've seen before, too much like stereotypical fantasy art. It's very pretty, but not to my taste.

Yes, I feel the same here.

Carojulie

Beautiful photographs of beautiful women, all of them uniformly young, thin, white, and sporting either "brooding in a sexy way" or "teasing in a sexy way" facial expressions.....
This deck is not for me.

Mittkait

I didn't see the deck listed in the Lo Scarabeo catalogue. I wonder if that means it is a 2018 release.

It's very over the top gothy and girly. I like it.

Nemia

Pwetty melancholic or pouty girls in pwetty dark pictures. Not for me, I'm afraid.

When I look at a tarot card, I want to have some tarot meat. I want to look at the card and know without checking its title: that must be the Queen of Pentacles! I feel zero tarot energy in these pictures, sorry.

It's probably totally unfair but sometimes I feel such decks were not made by people who really studied tarot but by people who looked at some trendy tarot decks and copied them. Again, sorry, but this looks pretty flimsy.

starlightexp

Pwetty melancholic or pouty girls in pwetty dark pictures. Not for me, I'm afraid.

When I look at a tarot card, I want to have some tarot meat. I want to look at the card and know without checking its title: that must be the Queen of Pentacles! I feel zero tarot energy in these pictures, sorry.

It's probably totally unfair but sometimes I feel such decks were not made by people who really studied tarot but by people who looked at some trendy tarot decks and copied them. Again, sorry, but this looks pretty flimsy.

yeaaaaaa this

Mittkait

I don't have that kind of problem with Tarot. I see the name, I know the general interpretation and then go on from there. Sometimes I even deviate if I feel it necessary. So varied art work doesn't bother me.

I do have a problem when the cards are loaded up with extraneous symbols, astrological, kabbalah etc. The cards are a Western Renaissance creation. The latest new age gobbedly gook added on to them from the 18th century onwards is just so much dessert icing. Most times they get in my way.