"School For Beginners"

LadyZelda

Good point.

I fear this group is at risk of getting bogged down before it starts ...

Not everyone works in the same way; it seems this is accepted by all. The group is, I think, intended to help newcomers to Lenormand learn how to read the cards. And that is all. Not how to work with energy (if anyone wants to learn this, that is great but please keep it separate to a Lenormand teaching thread).

So - given the basic idea that you guys want to learn how to read Lenormand (and will each go about the preparation in his/her own way) - is it time for you to move over to a thread where the signed up participants can be listed, and a start on the actual learning made?

If so, it will also be time for Aulruna and I to think about a beginner's index.

Totally agree with that, my plans were not to start a "debate" thread but a "School for Beginners" where we can learn the cards and this has remained my goal. We had moved on to the grouping of the cards (page 2) upon which we were supposed to discuss...
Next week-end we were supposed to learn about at least 1 card or more depending on everyone's free time.

And this is what I answered when Caristia asked :

Is anybody else going through the whole deck like that one card at a time as Iris suggests?

I'm going to meditate probably upon at least 2 cards per week depending of the time I have. I think it is a good thing to do so, because for our next class we will start studding the meaning of each card. Thus, it would be better if everyone meditate on at least 1 card to participate during class ;)

So please, let's move on :)

lord_ewin

LadyZelda, I love the way you seem need to have the last word. I sometimes wonder if your ego will interfere with the studying... Honestly, if your method is so much better than Iris Treppner's, you should be teaching... Oh wait... I see where you're going with this now. :p

LadyZelda

Learning The Cards Classroom

I am moving the Classroom to new thread. The learning of each card will begin this coming week-end and it will be solely on the cards meaning first individually then in combination with the other cards, we will cover diverse layouts as well.

Please Note:

There will not be any info given on ways to prepare for reading the oracle, energy work, etc...(Please, do keep any discussions of the sort on this old thread.)

Therefore, to learn the meaning of the cards and their combinations and diverse layouts please go to our classroom and find out all details by following this link:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=3116808#post3116808

Thank you :D

Ronia

LE, you surprise me. Doesn't it remind you of something? :D Especially, given the attitude towards the previous learning circles and now towards this one. Ask your cards! :D

Priestess

Ridiculous carry on, when someone is only trying to help beginners understand the meanings of Lenormand. Why do some people always have to pick on or attack something? No one said you were to be forced to do anything. Take what you want from the kindness, effort and time someone's giving to help beginners, leave out the bits you don't like or disagree with!

Well said Ronia!!

LaLaBella

I didn’t expect this first class to turn out that way with the subject of Divination, so far I had known no other basics then those I shared….I’ve got to say that I am astonished to find out that most people on AT do not acknowledge the reality of energy, and energy linked to divination cards. I know many people who see things the same way I do and I have read many articles of people I don’t know on the Net who visibly see things that way too…so, I had assumed that this was a general belief in the Esoteric circle….well, I see that I had the wrong picture, AT visibly gathers many who do not see things like that…

For those of you who have a certain concept of energy, do have it also in a different way…For me and those like me, we believe in using energy management when we buy a brand new deck, to get it to a neutral state, meaning free of any energy from anyone who handled it because we believe that energy is carried by all beings and also carried unto objects that these beings have touched.
This is why a Medium can “get info” about someone by just having access to something that belonged to that person. This is why people use Feng Shui, because energies are also lingering in rooms. That is why some people will organize and decorate their home the Feng Shui way…We use incense before a reading because we believe that this room we are in needs to be “cleaned up” from the energies that are lingering in, and that could influence the reading. Just like one cleans regularly his/her house on the material level, some clean their houses also on the “immaterial” level. And I’m among them…

I am also surprise that none of you believes that there is a lot of energy going on when practicing divination, even with cards (for instance the reader and/or querent releases positive or negative energies while reacting to the message of the Oracle or Tarot, etc… )
Therefore, that energy will linger on the cards as well as in the room and need to be dealt with. That is why; many professional readers will cleanse their deck after a day of reading or even for some of them during their day in between clients. They want their deck to go back to a neutral state. They believe and I do too, that otherwise the energy gathered in the cards will alter the next reading session…

I have to admit that I’m really baffled while reading your posts, this is really a “first” for me, never heard that before from Tarot readers, Medium, Reiki Masters, etc…This is quite intriguing while confirming a truth that I go by “we are not all on the same page, so must all agree to disagree and follow our own path”

Anyhow, Bright Blessings to you all and happy study…:D

Thanks to my mother and her suboptimal skillset, I have experienced firsthand what damage these energies can do if you are not properly trained. I'm also able to absorb the emotional energies of the people I'm emotionally involved with as well as project my own out. That's why I had to learn how to throw up a shield for lack of a better term during my childhood.

I do believe in a higher being but due to the environment I was raised in, I am considerably more cautious than the average bear as far as meddling with energies are concerned.

For this reason, I have to put myself into that emotionally neutral state before I read. You know, toss up the ol shield. Otherwise, the reading looks like a hot mess that makes zero sense.

Anyway, this whole topic has gotten interesting. I find learning the point-of-view of others who are doing this and doing it differently and the whys of it facinating.

Wendywu

Moderator Note

I think we can all agree from now on that we all have different ways of reading.

The learning threads will continue with discussions of card meanings with no further reference to energies or rituals, which all readers are free to choose and adopt for themselves.

If you wish to start a thread discussing energies involved in readings then please feel free to do so in the appropriate forum.

Thankyou

Wendywu
Co-Moderator

Ronia

Priestess, I have myself translated, without any expectations for anyone to read my way, and posted two threads full of meaings and combos. I have also learned a great deal from the readers on the board without participating in any schools. I have no intention to participate in any these days either. I think you got me wrong. I prefer other ways of being taught. :D

lord_ewin

Sorry folks, my comments from this morning might have been more on the spot than proper reflection would have allowed. I have been more than encouraging and supportive with the "class setting" that LadyZeldy is trying to setup, what I find disconcerting is her attitude towards members that have been doing the learning circles for several years now.

Like it or not, she is a beginner in Lenormand, she has had her account since January, has posted slightly above 100 posts and already she is correcting people on how to read the cards that some of us have been using for several years.

Don't get me wrong, I find her drive excellent, and all the more power to her if she wants to lead a circle (I don't have the time, otherwise I would have kept at it), but I'm not happy when I see her dismissing very good advice from cartomancers that have more experience than her with Lenormand.

Hopefully, that issue has been skirted, I haven't seen a retort and she's ignored my ill-humoured jibe from this morning, so perhaps we can concentrate on the task at hand, the cards.. And I will definately look into the school myself to comment here and there.

Sorry everyone,

LE