Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

Rosanne

It is from these threads, you can work out the stayers.
Some of these disappointing decks had hype at the time.
On the other hand I think some stayers are....Blah.
One deck I bought seemed to give me a genuine headache....The Templar Tarot. http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/templar/
I think it is something to do with the images making the card seem to bend.

AineFoley

Le Fanu said:
LOL @AineFoley for burning it. I can totally see that!

I admit that it was overdramatic but I opened the deck and had such a negative feeling about it (and I know they are just pieces of printed cardboard) - I tried reading the cards and they made me depressed to be honest. I did get them secondhand and wondered if I was picking up on the previous owner's emotions. I didn't want to pass them on so thought it was best to burn them. I cannot stand even looking at that deck now!

12doggiepaws

I really don't like the Osho Zen deck. Some cards are pretty but over all the whole deck creeps me out, very uneasy......uncomfortable.

MysticalMoose

Reading this thread thru has reminded me of 2more decks that I bought & promptly traded/sold. The Zerner Farber & Enchanted Tarot, YIKES MIGRAINES IN A BOX! :bugeyed: my eyes swam with all the dotty clutter - no way were they staying in my bookcase! OUT!!!

Moona

Tarot of Sexual Magic.
Not erotic at all, but disgustingly sexist. I don´t consider myself intolerant, but just browsing trough the cards made me angry. I returned them immediately.

crystal dawn

The Golden Dawn - Enochian Skrying Tarot

The Golden Dawn - Enochian Skrying Tarot box set tarot cards and comprehesive book.
I waited a long time to purchase this deck only to discover that it is not a tarot deck at all but more of an oracle. I understand the whole elemental thing about the deck but could not understand or fit the other correspondances to the deck. I even sent an email to the author asking if he could explain a few things to me about the deck in order to help me understand it more - i never even recieved a reply. So its just sat gathering dust at the moment, but i would be willing to trade it for vargos gothic tarot if anyones interested.

blessings

crystal dawn

WinterRose

Sorry Ciro - but Legacy of the Divine and Gilded. GORGEOUS artwork, no doubt about that - but....cold. Gilded was a bit different - probably would have worked for me if it hadn't been for the deck telling me constantly to move on and break all links with a certain someone, and that this deck simply had too many connotations (and negative energies) linked to it. Legacy was just too cold - didn't gel with the deck at all.

Oni

So bad it took me 4 days to remember it's name!

Ancient Mysteries Tarot!

I was trying to remember the name of this deck for like over 4 days! I brought this deck brand new at a store, i did not trade for it, or get it off ebay or on here or anything. I thought i would love it cause i saw some scans online and someone recommended it too me.

I brought it and immediately hated it! i mean it was just awful. The scans were of poor quality and hazily looking. many flaws in printing. and it just made me feel like stressed to even read with it. The cards reminded me of like bile and liver( do not know why just they did)

I could not believe i was so off, i honestly do not remember what i did with this deck. I tried to trade it with someone and she said she got neg feelings when she looked at the deck online so i no she did not take it. So i do not know what happened to the deck.

But this was probably the deck i wish i had never brought more than others.

Aerin

MysticalMoose said:
Reading this thread thru has reminded me of 2more decks that I bought & promptly traded/sold. The Zerner Farber & Enchanted Tarot, YIKES MIGRAINES IN A BOX! :bugeyed: my eyes swam with all the dotty clutter - no way were they staying in my bookcase! OUT!!!

Oh, that added another for me - Pearls of Wisdom. I soooo wanted to like it. I don't. It gives me a headache.

Le Fanu

Grigori said:
Cosmic Tribe. After a quick game of spot the celebrity I was bored.
Those naked people are famous?:D