wardrobe spread help pleazzzzz

kelpy

okay I saw Diana's wardrobe spread which Im trying to do but
I am having a problem being very new to tarot I dont
understand how the cards answer the question I have
done the celtic cross where I have just shuffled the card not thinking of anything in particular and then done the reading
but the is the first time with a specific question

Please any all advise would be appreciated.

Example :
first card being the 2 of swords how does that answer the question of what I need to throw out of my wardrobe??

Diana

Kelansta: I'd better step in here since you mentioned my name. :)

The "Wardrobe" spread that you mention is a Three Card Spread, and is just a fancy name for a Past Present Future spread. So if you've done a Celtic Cross for it, it wouldn't work in the way it is intended.

(Personally, I never do Celtic Crosses - I find them extremely annoying, but I know some people find them very rewarding.)

Now, the interpretation of cards is ususally influenced by the cards that surround them. The meaning of your 2 of Swords will be different according to what the Present card is, and to a lesser degree, but also important, what the Future card is.

But without knowing what the other cards are, I will still attempt to give you some clues about the 2 of Swords.

Swords are air (well to me they are). They concern the intellect, your mental realm, also your spiritual quests. They can concern how you communicate with other people. Also your intuition and your imagination, ideas, creativity.....

2s represent, amongst other things, duality; contrasts; equilibrium; passivity; our relationships with others.....

Does this mean anything to you? Are you someone who has mood swings? Who is happy in the morning and in a bad mood in the afternoon? Or do you start out on a project in the morning and end up starting another one in the evening? Do you change your mind constantly? Do you argue with yourself or with others often?

If so, then the Tarot is telling you that the time is now ripe for you to move on from this...... How? The second card "Present", or in the Wardrobe Spread "What I need to buy now" will give you a clue.

I hope I have helped you.

(I will ask the moderator of this forum to move this thread to Your Readings.)

kelpy

Diana

Thank you very much for your insights I now makes perfect sense
In my post however I did not list the other two cards because I hadnt drawn any this was the first card that popped into my head to use as an example. Thank you again I hope to get more insights from you
Kelansta