Meeting someone new

Imagemaker

I was writing down spread suggestions in my tarot journal and got to the one someone listed here (I think it was on AT) as a New Deck Spread--

1 -- what do you want to teach me?

2 -- what do I need to do?

3 -- what will our relationship be like?

Having just had a conversation with a friend who broke up with her 6-year partner because of an attraction to a new guy, it struck me that this spread, with some additions, would be a good one for inquiring into a new meeting with someone, someone you feel will be significant but don't know yet what the path will be.

For #2, you could substitute, "what I want to teach you."

Scary, though.

joya250

hey! :) I came to this section specifically to find such a thread, or something similar... to answer the question of meeting someone with whom there is a spark of some sort...

and your thread was on top! cool. I am going to try this one out.

thanks,
joya

lunalafey

I use 3 cards without any meanings for the cards, just focus my thoughts on that person

Imagemaker

[QUOTE I am going to try this one out.
thanks,
joya [/QUOTE]

Ah, timing is everything! I'd love to hear how the spread comes out for you.

Now I'm looking for someone to have a spark with so I can try it :) Whoo, hoo!

miss_apples

I love it! I tried it myself just now and it made perfect sense. Thanks!

Imagemaker

I'm so pleased to hear that, miss apples. Did you use the "what I want to teach you?" for #2?

miss_apples

Imagemaker said:
I'm so pleased to hear that, miss apples. Did you use the "what I want to teach you?" for #2?

Yes and I thought that was much more fitting for the situation of meeting someone new as opposed to the #2 question for getting to know your tarot cards, which obviously works better in that situation because youre certainly not gonna teach your cards anything....lol

Imagemaker

youre certainly not gonna teach your cards anything....lol

Actually, I think we do, in having a fairly consistent way of using them, or of saying aloud our intent. Over time, as in any relationship, the deck and the reader teach other other their ways :)

miss_apples

hmmm image...interesting thought. I know that we fill them with our energy. I guess you could cobnsider that teaching them.

Imagemaker

hmmm image...interesting thought. I know that we fill them with our energy. I guess you could cobnsider that teaching them.

Teaching in the gentle way of "sharing who I am"--yes!