Please review my Tarot deck :)

Duranimation

Hey guys,
As you may recall I asked people here to complete a survey a few weeks back as part of my research for creating my own Tarot deck, I have now finished the “prototypes” and would be very grateful for any feedback you offer. There's a few questions at the bottom, I'd be thankful if you answered them.

Here is an example of one of the “traditional” / lino-printed cards

15747775_10154967808566424_6091472492953890786_n.jpg

(and back)

This is the digital version (including back design) The QR codes will be scanned linking to an animated version

15168878_10154828071541424_7037140635450669428_o.jpg

Back of digital card

15156973_10154835583226424_1575886134090036887_o.jpg

Animated version can be found here

https://duranimation.wordpress.com/2016/11/28/the-moon/

Here is the engraved design on the box

15822987_10154967804336424_8210274974449869494_n.jpg

The hand made Tarot deck

15731837_10154967808561424_487814519849023676_o.jpg

The printed deck

15781434_10154967804346424_246649835054894027_n.jpg

Could you please tell me if you prefer the traditional/Lino-printed cards or the digital ones, and why?

What did you think of the animated gifs? (that would be linked to the cards?)

Do you think offering a box such as the one shown would make a Tarot deck more appealing?

Do you prefer than hand made deck box or the digital printed one? why?

gregory

I'm very confused. Apologies if this was all answered in the earlier thread, which I don't think I read.

Are you saying that the handmade one is black and white linocuts (I like that, actually - but then I'd be sad that I didn't have the coloured one.) Is the digital version going to be out there as well, as a printed deck or only as an app ?

As for the animations - I'm afraid I really couldn't care less. I imagine you enjoyed making them, and they are pretty enough - but unless one is using the deck as an app, what's the point - and if it is for use as an app - I think they'd just be distracting when reading.

I like the back.

Which box are you referring to ? "Box shown" - which image do you mean ? there's one called "the printed deck" that looks like a box - it looks fine. With the linocut deck there's something that looks like a brown paper box - that's fine too. As long as a deck comes in SOMETHING (for storage) I really don't mind. Box or bag.

But one thing - PLEASE, whatever you supply it in, don't do a lovely fancy artsy package that we have to break into (and wreck) to get at the deck. That is always such a shame. Moonboy is a prime offender here.... Make it something that can be opened and closed without cutting or tearing !

Debra

This is like chalk vs. cheese. To make 78 pictures worthwhile, I think it has to feel like a work from the heart.

I can't see how the gif enhances the image or the meaning.

Tanga

Could you please tell me if you prefer the traditional/Lino-printed cards or the digital ones, and why?

What did you think of the animated gifs? (that would be linked to the cards?)

Do you think offering a box such as the one shown would make a Tarot deck more appealing?

Do you prefer than hand made deck box or the digital printed one? why?

The digital print is better because the artwork is clearer and there's colour. I can barely see the detail in the lino ones - and I don't have trouble with my eyes yet... (I always prefer colour :) ). Same with digital printed box.
Like others have said - what's the use of the animated bit? Even on an App I'd personally find it distracting.

reall

imo you have original style just keep it up n finish your deck!^^ and it'll find it's audience eventually!^^:))
in the end it's offer and demand that determine price and to test it your best bet is to make it both ways and let say publish one superlimited edition of black and white deck/traditional medium for collector/art purpose and other *digital colored version for POD?:)) personally I prefer mass market and colored version!^^:)) and understand how gif are interesting but we all know how underrated digital art is!x,x so those would be interesting mostly for web promo, and for that you better build some social networking?x,x lolz :))

Padma

I like the picture of your crow/raven at the bottom a lot! I'm sort of confused about your post, as well. I'm not sure what is what. But darned nice crow :)

willowy

I like the picture of your crow/raven at the bottom a lot! I'm sort of confused about your post, as well. I'm not sure what is what. But darned nice crow :)

I'm also slightly confused about your post,not sure which image was the box for the cards?I like the top back of card best but prefer the digital front of card,like how you've shown the moons light shinning down onto the girl,as the moon definitely puts things into its own strange perspective.
I agree with Padma,really liking the crow too.