'Workhorse' Decks

rylla

For me the Illuminated (Carol H). I like to use different decks but the deck I am always coming back to is the Illuminated.

Beanfeasa

For me its my original RWS, ancient Italian, pagan Otherworlds and a plain old ordinary deck of playing cards.
That's why I adore the arcana tarot playing cards, I can remove the majors if a client is nervous of "tarot" and just read the playing cards.

My personal workhorse is my il Meneghello Soprafino

Darkmage

RWS, both mini and pocket versions. I have several regulation size ones but those are a pain to lug around.

Universal Waite pocket

Radiant Waite tinned

Morgan Greer tinned (though I have the regulation size too)

Anne Stokes Gothic

Marseille Cats

White Cats

Dragon Tarot (Pracownik/Donaldson)

Universal Marseille (Lo Scarabeo)

...and if my client requests a special deck I'll use that instead. But I like to cycle through decks. I get bored with the same RWS images day in and day out.

Hedera

My workhorse decks, which I can use in pretty much any situation, to read for myself or others, would be:

- RWS centennial
- Alchemical tarot (second edition)
- Mythic tarot (original edition)
- Robin Wood
- Baroque Bohemian Cats
- World Spirit tarot
- Fantastic Menagerie
- Halloween Tarot

Virgo26

Right now, just the Wild Unknown. I define "workhorse" as a deck that has high stamina and good readability, while also being reliable to me and generally agreeable to other querents. I've had the WU for over a year while most of my other decks are half at most, so it'll take me a while to see which of my newer decks will fit the bill.

I'd say the same thing, at least that's what I gathered when coming across other readers describing their decks that way.

Virgo26

It's interesting to hear about the different decks people use as their go-to! Some of he decks my sight at the moment are Morgan Greer (I know, pretty standard), Mystical Tarot and Pagan Otherworlds. Now if only I could figure out this money thing :p

JadePixie

Anna K, Circo, Old Path, Wildwood

Virgo26

The Fountain

I'm kind of digging the Fountain's artwork. Did it take you awhile to connect with it? Assuming it has some mild RWS association with its own spin.

EmpyreanKnight

When I need a solid, dependable Tarot deck to help me with bothersome concerns, my personal workhorse, the Thoth Tarot, very rarely failed me. I don't use it everyday, but when I have a problem that I need insights on, I always reach for it. Very highly recommended so you may want to check it out.

Morwenna

I've always said the Morgan Greer, Hanson-Roberts and Robin Wood. But lately it's been the mini-RWS and the pocket Hanson-Roberts, mainly for ease in portability.

At home, at my leisure, it could be anything. :)