On Line Card Printing Services

tarotlyn

:):heart: Here it is over a year later and...

I am still using printerstudio. com services because their quality is consistently wonderful!
Plus they have extremely excellent customer service.

Also they have a direct phone number to talk to them, plus their direct web email system
on their site is very fast also. They are quick to take care of any of your concerns.

I am very happy with them.

Did I mention that every holiday, they give you various discounts, sometimes totally free
international, and usa shipping. They give discounts quite often there.

If your items total $30 (before shipping) they give you 'free' shipping - any time.

The delivery time to get a deck from them is just about the same time it would take to get it
from any other online printer - most times it is from 9 to 10 business days.

Right now, just got word, that they are working on adding additional things to their service
to accommodate Tarot and Lenormand customers.

Uploading to their site is easy and you can store each and every set of deck images in your 'wish list'
for future orders.

If anyone is interested, I have written some info on how to upload your images on their site.

The main thing to keep in mind, is that you need to 'start' with the correct size image that
fits their template page - that is the same for any online printer.

:heart: Love and Light
Lyn

adanawtn

I'm actually waiting for an order from Printer's Studio. I ordered ten of my new cards, just to check the quality and such. I'm excited to see how they turn out.

tarotlyn

I'm actually waiting for an order from Printer's Studio. I ordered ten of my new cards, just to check the quality and such. I'm excited to see how they turn out.

:heart::) adanawtn, you will probably be pleasantly surprised when you get your sample cards.
Printerstudio. com does have excellent quality cardstock, especially the linen I am just now
realizing myself. So might just change all my decks over to 'linen.' The linen shuffles really good
and seems to be extra durable as well. (Thanks :heart: MoonGypsy for showing me that!)

Hope you get your sample cards soon, but the shipping is a little slower right now because of Christmas mail.

:heart: Hugs with Love and Light,
Lyn

ana luisa

I agree with Tarotlyn all the way. I had my scans for the David's Tarot (highly recommended too, although OOP) printed there and the cards I received were REALLY well done. The quality of stock was excellent and they are super courteous and helpful. To me, though, it was a bit expensive because I live overseas and shipping is a pain. But for US citizens, a fantastic choice.

shadowdancer

I will also give a thumbs up for Printer Studio.

I used them for my cards and have linen finish for some of the bridge size / large size, and also have the Lenormand bridge sized cards on plastic.

IMO plastic is the way to go if it is offered. It feels as soft and as smooth as the linen but has the extra benefit of being waterproof. I have shown both side by side on a different forum and you cannot tell the difference from print quality.

tarotlyn

I agree with Tarotlyn all the way. I had my scans for the David's Tarot (highly recommended too, although OOP) printed there and the cards I received were REALLY well done. The quality of stock was excellent and they are super courteous and helpful. To me, though, it was a bit expensive because I live overseas and shipping is a pain. But for US citizens, a fantastic choice.
ana lusia, if you ordered your decks in bulk (totalling at least $30) then I believe that you
get free shipping anywhere. You just have to put in their discount code: SHIP30 when you
are checking out.

Or if you can have them 'drop ship' for you and your customer would then pay you for the deck
and shipping before you place your order with the printer. Then the customer pays for the
shipping to wherever they live.

:heart: Lyn

I will also give a thumbs up for Printer Studio.

I used them for my cards and have linen finish for some of the bridge size / large size, and also have the Lenormand bridge sized cards on plastic.

IMO plastic is the way to go if it is offered. It feels as soft and as smooth as the linen but has the extra benefit of being waterproof. I have shown both side by side on a different forum and you cannot tell the difference from print quality.
shadowdancer, The reason I don't order the plastic cards, is because it is 'twice' the price.
Otherwise that would be a great choice because you would never have to replace the deck
in your lifetime LOL

If my customers didn't mind paying the double cost, then that would be a perfect choice! :thumbsup:

Thank you both for your helpful comments :heart:
Hugs, Lyn :heart:

rylla

I just read this thread. Great info, very useful, thanks everyone for sharing. May I ask how the back of the prints/cards look? Blank? or like playing cards?

shadowdancer

You can put whatever you like on the back :) It really can look how you want it to look. I am not an artist, so found a free use fractal and used that.

Borders can be added prior to uploading via a program such as gimp. They can be whatever colour you like, whatever size you like. The titling and numbering can be done once the cards are uploaded. The photo below shows examples of what I have had printed.

The large bordered card is on linen and is from a Lenormand deck. (Alone's Vision)

The other three are one offs I did for personal use. The middle card is PLASTIC Lenormand I had printed. The card to the right is the LINEN Lenormand card I had printed. (Both bridge sized). The far right card is linen and large size, but then had the border trimmed off. (I changed my mind about wanting a border on it...lol) These are one off personal printings, not ever offered for sale etc. I also had a mouse mat printed with the ace of cups design you see here. It took my overall order over the $30 and shipping was indeed free to NZ.

Attachments

• IMG_9891.jpg
    IMG_9891.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 135

tarotlyn

:):heart: regarding borders:

Probably best to leave off borders (if possible) or have a type of border that doesn't matter
where it gets cut. Especially a good idea not to put borders on the backs.

Because during printing, for any printer, the stack of card stock will shift slightly and even a
little bit of shifting can cause your precise borders to look off. Can't remember the name of
the 'shifting' process - but there is an industry name for it.

This is why I don't use borders on the card fronts or backs anymore.

Also it would be wise to decide upon a particular printer (such as printerstudio .com) and then
go there and try uploading a sample card image (before you make your whole deck) to see
if you have the right 'size' card image for the size deck you want to print out. There is nothing
worse than to make your deck, and then go to a printer and find out that your original images
are way too small and then have to redo the entire deck. That was my 1st deck experience :bugeyed: :laugh:

Also, it is very wise to put any 'text or numbering' far enough away from the edges
(top, bottom, and sides) as possible so as to not have them 'cut off' when you make the different
size decks such as: Tarot sized, poker, bridge, or mini sized.

For a poker, bridge, and mini sized cards: (at Printerstudio. com)
File types accepted: jpg, bmp, png, gif and tiff
Min resolution 822 x 1122 pixels (300DPI) | Max file size 32MB

If you make a card image that is 822 x 1122 pixels (this is for a Lenormand or Tarot poker sized card), you
will be able to use this same image to print out your bridge and mini sizes - AS LONG as you
make sure the text and numbering is not too close to all the card edges. They really should
be inside the card by about 1/2" all the way around (In other words, there should be that
much 'clearance' all the way around the card)... But you will need to bring your 'background'
or card image all the way out to the edges, so that no white will be showing, once the cards are cut.

To summarize: I make sure that there is no important part of the image (or text) in the clearance space area,
so when that area gets cut off, nothing important from my card image will be gone. If that makes any sense LOL

For a tarot sized card:
Min resolution 897 x 1497 pixels (300DPI) | Max file size 32MB

For the Jumbo tarot sized card, you will need to make a separate large image as follows:
Min resolution 1122 x 1797 pixels (300DPI) | Max file size 32MB

:heart: Hugs, Lyn

liberated inferno

I'm gonna take the plunge and start the process of creating my own deck and this thread has been so helpful. I bookmarked the printing site and I'm so excited to start!