Tarot of Delphi

inanna_tarot

oooh I'd love this deck!
Shame about the export only to the US. Coz I'd back in a heartbeat!

auntie

I see that there's a $200 pledge for 10 decks. Does anyone want to do organize a group buy? If so, I'd go in!

trzes

That would be great! All the overseas people would appreceate that very much!

Shade

Very excited to see that the funding goals have been met with a week to spare.

After marinating on the Queen of Cups, I think I was being far too closed minded. Circe Invidiosa shows a lady letting her emotions take the reigns, ready to do anything for love.

headBruja

Enchantress of Cups

Though one does wonder... should the card for the Queen of Cups (Enchantress of Cups in this deck) be Circe Invidiosa, in which the demi-goddess sorceress poisons water in order to transform her rival in love, Scylla, into a hideous monster. That calls to mind a very dark interpretation of the QoC.

I'm not for one minute suggesting every deck needs to stick to a RWS script; I'm just so used to the Queen of cups being so maternal whereas this card will indicate someone who will do anything to satisfy their own emotional needs.

Still, I love the look of the deck and look forward to receiving one.

Thanks! I'm so glad you like the deck. And it makes me happy that you like it enough to start discussions about the cards and images. :D

I completely agree with you that Circe feels darker than the RWS QoC. As you say, many contemporary decks put a more nurturing spin on this card. I thought, though, that Circe's intense stare and her immense personal power mirrored the RWS QoC quite well. For myself, I've never gotten a maternal feeling from the RWS QoC –*she seems very distant, cold, absorbed in her own quest. I'd be afraid to interrupt her.

Below is a draft of my explanation for this card. I hope you find it interesting. I'm really excited to be publishing this deck. THANK YOU for your enthusiasm! It really means a lot. :)

"Circe as the Enchantress of Cups reminds us of the intense power of emotions. In spell casting, the power of a spell is directly related to the intensity of the emotion. Circe is simultaneously a loyal friend and a dangerous enemy. She reminds us that intense emotions must be navigated with great care. When we feel most deeply, we are most likely to also feel "out of control" as well as at a pinnacle of creative power."

Shade

"Circe as the Enchantress of Cups reminds us of the intense power of emotions. In spell casting, the power of a spell is directly related to the intensity of the emotion.

I can definitely get behind that take on the card. Roiling emotions and a tempestuous nature are her hallmarks, and I rather enjoy that you wouldn't want to interrupt a Queen of Cups.

BeyondtheVeil

So, what is going on with this deck now? It says it made the funded amount. There have been preorders, but I haven't heard if this deck is actually being sold and shipped. Where is it in the shipping/available process?

Thanks so much!
BeyondtheVeil

gregory

How it works is that when they HAVE the money, then they start to get decks out to backers. We backers have been told that delivery for US will now probably be April. Pre-orders will ship after that.

BeyondtheVeil

How it works is that when they HAVE the money, then they start to get decks out to backers. We backers have been told that delivery for US will now probably be April. Pre-orders will ship after that.

Thanks for letting me know :heart: This is one of the first decks that I hope to get for 2014.

I haven't pre ordered yet as I first wanted to make sure the decks got made and sent. I know that sometimes things pop up, but it is always nice hearing that everyone successfully received their decks. I look forward to hearing all the great reviews from everyone when you guys get them.

Brightest Blessings!
BeyondtheVeil