Your Experiences With The Game Crafter

blue_fusion

It's a mini deck, and sometimes those are thicker than the standard decks.

Oh no. I'm actually doing a mini-deck (not tarot)... Or maybe it's thicker because it's a recent run (maybe they changed cardstocks?)?

I was thinking of just providing a free downloadable box design that buyers can print and assemble, except that if their cardstock's thickness varies... :(

Richard

Oh no. I'm actually doing a mini-deck (not tarot)... Or maybe it's thicker because it's a recent run (maybe they changed cardstocks?)?

I was thinking of just providing a free downloadable box design that buyers can print and assemble, except that if their cardstock's thickness varies... :(
This is the only TGC deck I own. The LEN seems thicker than most decks that I have, and it is very stiff, difficult to riffle shuffle. This may or may not be typical for TGC.

blue_fusion

This is the only TGC deck I own. The LEN seems thicker than most decks that I have, and it is very stiff, difficult to riffle shuffle. This may or may not be typical for TGC.

Thanks. Someone replied at TGC. Apparently a 64 card deck is 0.96" thick.

I think the shuffling issue you're experiencing is due to the deck's size as there's less length on which the cards can bend.

auntie

As a buyer, I much favor Printer Studio for quality and ease of ordering. Love that linen cards stock and the plastic box.

FLizarraga

Just wanting to hear (well, read) people's experiences with TGC, both from creators and buyers. Just looking into things. Might be doing a deck, and, well, just scouting ahead.

Thanks!

-Ly

I recently purchased a Tarot deck there, the Tarot of the Wyrd. I'm not impressed with the quality of the impression or the rather flimsy card stock. The art itself is superb, but that's thanks to the talent of the creator.

blue_fusion

For those doing majors-only decks, I did some computations and found that apparently, it's actually cheaper to print them on TGC's jumbo cards rather than their tarot cards. Strange.

shadowdancer

Well, I can only have another vote for Printer Studio. They are looking into drop shipping for the future, but I like the fact if I order over $30, I get free shipping with tracking, even to NZ.

The quality has been top notch each time I have used them. Currently on order I have a couple of journals (Ciro kindly gave me permission to use images from the Gilded Royale), a 104 card deck of chakra cards and a couple of wrist bags. I already have a couple of their journals and other decks in various sizes/finishes and have had no problems at all.

I can also say, I have never had a problem with off centre cutting. If there has been a card or two off centre, it has been so negligible, and certainly not to the extent I would hanker for a replacement.

I do like the fact TGC have really embraced the tarot world, and have gone out of their way to be accomodating. They often post here asking for feedback, and it seems they really are trying their best to be customer focussed and meet needs accordingly. If it weren't for high postage costs, they would probably have a lot more business, but that is something beyond their control. I understand that.

blue_fusion

So I tried "making" a game using their system just to test it. It's all very confusing! Couldn't figure it out!