White Rabbit Oracle

Dark Victory '39

Like someone w/ poor impulse control I decided to go ahead and get this. Over the weekend i used metallic silver and gold gel pens to go over that god-awful script, and a few in red gel pen, such as the romance card which is a bright juicy red, and also some of the predominantly dark colored cards like 'desire,' and i'm pleased w/ the results.

The deck itself i'm excited by at this early date. gorgeous card stock, and it's the exact size of my antiquarian tarot, (and happens to look nice w/ half the decks in my collection) so i will use it to combine tarot and oracle. But on its own its been pretty nifty. I have no intention of reading the lwb; i'd rather not prejudice myself, and there's a lot of food for thought between the images and the keywords. It's my only oracle w/ keywords; they're not distracting or overly limited. I've enjoyed using it (ahem) several times a day w/ various posings of one card draws for one card questions. The oddities of the deck i'm quite attracted to. Such as in 'appreciation' which appears to be a woman admiring her jewelery by candlelight in front of draping velvet curtains, at first glance i thought it was a woman reaching out for a floating hand (coming through the draperies?). There's quite a few instances where i think it's one thing, and then look and see it's another. Overall, i'm totally charmed. It looks surprisingly good b.t.w w/ bogo, better than w/ the victorian romantic as i would have suspected.

Winterchild

I looked at this again, but cant get past the font... it's not just a font, it's the whole meaning behind choosing that font, kind of thrown on, indiscriminate... some of the cards look great but having looked at the Oracle of Shadows and the upcoming Gothic Lenormand I wonder if it is just another appropriated collage deck, or is there more... still on the fence, and so on that note...

I would love to see images of your altered deck Dark Victory!

Dark Victory '39

All right. I'll see what i can do. Trust me, you will never see me posting on any of the craftsy altered or trimming deck threads because people would probably try to find nice things to say about my efforts, and not really be able to w/out some..uh, creative reimagining. lol.

this however was a quick project and the feel of it to me is as if the creator never put words on, but rather i came along w/ a homey gel pen and as if inspiration struck added them on my own. Like how i'm appropriating all the credit? Anyway, still quite enjoying this oracle. I do daily draws most days, and also (being an astrology buff) draw a card for each of the cusps on my monthly lunar returns, (which i'm always puzzling over) and they've been quite helpful as it takes the moon several days to go through each house, so it's like a word that comes up as a descriptor usually has applications in different areas of my life. Pleasantly surprised how even though most of the key words are quite positive, ive been able to see them in both shadow ways and positive ways. Just went through a lunar phase of three days where the 'balancing' card had been drawn (the woman w/ teacups on her head) and i struggled mightily to be calm and not sucked into flipping out.

delizt

would love to see some pics, Im still on the fence about this one!

Winterchild

I would like to see to see pics too..DV.... nice post by the way, I like your astrological take! I must get back into the astrology forum.

Back to TWR Oracle, it's very expensive to get it to NZ so I need to get over that font... the font lost that deck a battle, it was either The White Rabbit of The Rackham on the Christmas wishlist and Rackham won...by defont... (sorry!)

Dark Victory '39

pics!

Taking these pix in winter sunlight i realize i need to do another coat of the ones i did red gel pen. And word to the wise, anyone who tries this you need to let the gel pen dry on the cards individually before stacking them or it will just wipe off.

So the first couple pix are to show how nice it is w/ BoGo. (tho the color coordination of my spreadcloth leaves a little to be desired.) And then we have one w/ the antiquarian tarot. And then one w/ two rabbit oracle cards on their own. The 'appreciation' i did a layer of gold gel and a layer of red to give it an orange hue. 'Secrets' last one is in silver metallic pen, which is smooth and better than the gels.

Attachments

• IMG_2322.jpg
    IMG_2322.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2321.jpg
    IMG_2321.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_2329.jpg
    IMG_2329.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_2327.jpg
    IMG_2327.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 141

Dark Victory '39

few more

So the second one down I added some blue rubber stamp starfish to her chest "area" on 'healing,' tho i dont know if she will find it so v. healing. lol. but i thought it looked a little blank. Sorry for the sun glare on that.
Explore is the silver again.

The cardstock is quite nice as mentioned above, tho i don't think it's as nice as the linen stock that sevenstars uses. It's more the eggshell type. But still, nice.

Attachments

• IMG_2328.jpg
    IMG_2328.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_2325.jpg
    IMG_2325.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_2324.jpg
    IMG_2324.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 126

Dark Victory '39

and Rackham won...by defont... (sorry!)
Totally funny. Yeah, i keep watching the Rackham thread too. I have to pass on that one for now. want to hear more people talk about how it reads for them-- those wording choices seem so dark, and i'm worried i would tire myself out researching the various plays and tales they came from. However, if i were just made of money (and of a thicker skin) i would buy it in a heartbeat. Maybe in 2016 i'll get a lobotomy. And then i'll buy it!

Winterchild

Totally funny. Yeah, i keep watching the Rackham thread too. I have to pass on that one for now. want to hear more people talk about how it reads for them-- those wording choices seem so dark, and i'm worried i would tire myself out researching the various plays and tales they came from. However, if i were just made of money (and of a thicker skin) i would buy it in a heartbeat. Maybe in 2016 i'll get a lobotomy. And then i'll buy it!

Lol!!

If I get the Rackham I will probably just use it intuitively as I do most decks, and I know a lot of the stories as I am a bit of a fairytale buff... thanks so much for sharing your white rabbit pics... although I like what you have done the cards you showed have kind of made me decide against it.. they were images I hadn't seen of the deck before and I am not so keen on a lot of them, though I do like Desire... I cold n ever get over that comic sans though!

Cocobird55

Just ordered this today -- couldn't resist. Looking forward to reading with it.