Combining oracle

Awkward.turtle91

I've been getting the feeling to combine my tarot and oracle decks.

For some reason just lately I've been getting the feeling to combine my Arthurian tarot and my les vampire oracle.

I'm not quite sure what it is , it's like a nagging feeeling in the back of my head.
Ever since I cleansed them.

I'm wondering if I should go ahead and do it?

What are other people's opinions off this?

PathWalker

Try it and see - you can always separate them again if you don't find it works for you.

Awkward.turtle91

Try it and see - you can always separate them again if you don't find it works for you.

This is true path walker, I haven't used this deck yet.
Maybe it has a message for me :) x

seedcake

I used this way Dragon Tarot and Imperial Dragon Oracle. I was very happy with the effect. It really gave me extra insights so definitely, you should try it. This way of the reading can clarify a lot of things or give some stronger nudge for taking the action. Soon I'll combine Ceccoli Tarot and Oracle :)

Awkward.turtle91

I've given it ago for all those that are interested in the outcome,
It's under oracle readings titled "experiment, insight needed or something like that." I don't know if I'm allowed to share my thread in the post.

Oddly on the first two cards they seeem to clarify each other thirst ( all about fantasies and addictions)
And grail seven. (SEVEN OF CUPS)
I've never heard off any of those tarot decks ! I'll have to look in to them, I shuffle them separately and put them where I feel is right.

Xx

delinfrey

I pair oracles with Tarot often. There are some matches that are just made in heaven (such as Vampyres with Victoria Frances or Pixie's lenny with Original RWS), and there are those non-intuitive ones that just...work.

I love to pull a Whispers of Lord Ganesha when I'm doing very dark readings (or readings that turn out dark and discouraging), I really feel then like a snuggly elephant is taking me into his strong arms.

danieljuk

combining decks is so experimental and such fun! in my view you can pair anything with anything, they don't even have to share a theme. But it works best I think when they add to each other in a way, often the oracle will give you a bit more info.

my only advice is to have firm rules about the intention of them when you start. Like you might take 3 tarot cards and 1 oracle. or you might take 1 tarot card and 1 oracle card per position for a large reading. I tend to give the tarot more "weight" and the oracle is more of a secondary meaning. or maybe they are equal. But it's worth thinking about that before you start :)

RiverRunsDeep

I'm wondering if I should go ahead and do it?

There must be a very good reason you are feeling drawn to do it, so...yes!!

What are other people's opinions off this?

I love pairing my tarot cards with my oracles, and there are so many ways to do it. Sometimes, I draw an oracle card for each tarot card in a reading, and read them as a pair. Sometimes, I do a tarot reading, then draw a single oracle card to sum up the theme of the reading.

There is a thread here that might give you some interesting ideas and opinions about tarot/oracle pairings.