Alphabet & Zodiac Triplicities

Fulgour

From this list, what binds these 4 x 3 = 12 letters together
in the triplicities as shown here, by their zodiacal group?

HE - TETH - SAMEKH = Aries - Leo - Sagittarius

HETH - NUN - QOPH = Cancer - Scorpio - Pisces

LAMEDH - TSADE - ZAYIN = Libra - Aquarius - Gemini

AYIN - WAW - YODH = Capricorn - Taurus - Virgo

Robbiegirl

I am really not familiar with this type of readings. I am only aware of the letters in terms of their numerical values such as:
So Samech really equals 60 as a letter itself or when it is written out in hebrew the hebrew lettering has an equivalent value which is 120. Samach,Mem.Chaf (sofet-meaning the end chaf which is drawn differently than if it were in the midst of a word)
Old Latin Hebrew Old Greek
1 A Alef Alpha
2 B Bet Beta
3 C Gimel Gamma
4 D Dalet Delta
5 E He Epsilon
6 F Vav Digamma
7 G Zayin Zeta
8 H Chet Eta
9 I Tet Theta
10 K Yod Iota
20 L Kaf Kappa
30 M Lamed Lambda
40 N Mem Mu
50 O Nun Nu
60 P Samech Xi
70 Q Ayin Omicron
80 R Pe Pi
90 S Tzade Koppa
100 T Qof Rho
200 U Resh Sigma
300 X Shin Tau
400 Y Tav Upsilon
500 Z Phi
600 Chi
700 Psi
800 Omega
900 Sampi

venicebard

Okay, I'll tell you (but you may not believe me)

What they have in common is that they ended up on those triads when rearranged to make the alef-bet, being ‘jumbled’ to convey a particular understanding.

The original order is samekh-tzaddi-cheyt-vav-ayin-qof-teyt-heh-zayin-yod-lamedh-nun. This took me more than a dozen years to figure out even WITH the key in my hands (Graves’s WHITE GODDESS) but is apparent once arrived at: samekh is shaped like the head, tzaddi and tzaddi-sofit like the throat in breathing and in swallowing, cheyt like the shoulders, and so on.

The zodiac is then divided into three sections: first four signs, last four signs (ending in aries again), and ‘bottom five’ (leo through sagittary).

1) The last four were each simply shifted back one sign on their triad, to indicate that the primordial triads remain the same at all times and in all fashions, being true WITHIN everything: triads generated in elementary order (fire-air-water-earth) by the first four signs.

2) The first four were shifted each to a new triad (except aries itself, fire remaining unchanged), to indicate where that element ended up (that is, on which triad) in astrology, a science of OUTER destiny.

3) The bottom five, being on the underside of the wheel and thus symbolic of bardic satire, are a joke on the commoners (non-initiates), who believe there are five senses, rather than four (one for each element, duh). Thus leo-virgo-libra represent elements as signs of manifested or lower nature, namely the air-water-earth disgorging each from the triad of the element preceding (air from that of fire, etc.), whilst scorpio and sagittary represent their triads, which causes earth, physical contact, to express itself twice, once as libra (fourth manifested sign) and once as scorpio (fourth triad), just as contact is divided in common thought into touch (general contact) and smell (contact’s focused aspect). Each, then, takes its element to the triad of the cardinal direction associated with it in diurnal attributions, based on ‘relative temperature’: south-day-hot, east-morning-warming, west-evening-cooling, north-night-cold. North is up or aries, south down or libra, west where the round descends (cancer), east where it rises, becomes upright (capricorn).

The original order of simples reveals definite patterns in the triplicities, since they are based on phonetic principles originally. The round they are on is the tongue, the half-round from horizon to horizon wherein it rests the mouth, its original rims being B and P (voiced-inner and unvoiced-outer lip-sounds). Samekh is on tongue’s tip, and being fire projects onto the part of its triad proceeding forward (towards leo), whilst zayin, its voiced equivalent, projects likewise from its station sagittary onto the part of the triad connecting it to aries, forming a voiced-unvoiced, inner-outer balance whose base is leo’s ayin projecting again likewise (four signs onward from itself). At the same time, UNprojected, leo and sagittary, straight across from each other, are ayin and zayin, which rime. Fire points up, by the way, as does flame.

Water points down, the direction water flows, hence Torah is likened to water in that it flows from above to below. The one double letter whose original position on the ‘mouth’ half-round coincides with a sign, libra, of the ‘tongue’ round is resh, R, counted in the ‘mouth’ as rolled, a repeated stop or double (hard-soft), but on the tongue as a liquid, the other (non-nasal) liquid being L: these two then ‘take in’ (being water, more passive) from the parts of their triad preceding them, respectively, making repeated stop R a ‘vocalizing of the unvocalized side' (at the point where the two sides meet, libra) and true liquid L the inner (voiced) reflection of same. Interesting, since these are the initials of right and left in Indo-European and can be tentatively connected thereto in Hebrew as well (sort of).

All sorts of interesting phonetic, numeric (having to do with atomic number), and symbolic patterns emerge from the original pattern, even in relation to later patterns (such as Greco-Hebraic numeration). NOT seeing such profusion of useful pattern in its later jumbled form alone is what prompted me to SEEK a pristine original, like Newton in his youth (and probably later).