The Tarot of Life (new unpublished deck)

Ravenswing

Wow

Labels are labels--doesn't change what you have. CAN'T change what you have--a marvelous set of provocative images. A guide. The fine pen work over colors works wonderfully for me. Your text is complements your images beautifully.

My suggestions?

Take the title of the card and place it on the bottom as part of the drawing rather than separate from it. You mention the power of each card in your book-- I think that to be enough. Rather than putting the E1 or M7 or I6 on the cards, consider a thin color-coded border. (Like the Fey or the World Spirit decks) And please, please DON'T surround you image with a white border (or black border or purple border...). I know I for one would be cutting it off to release your image. And my edges don't always come off too sharp and even.

So when's your release date??

fly well
raven

Uma

I love all the suggestions. I've tried to incorporate them all. Here's the updated samples.

Attachments

• Breakthrough.gif
    Breakthrough.gif
    25.3 KB · Views: 99
  • Compassion.gif
    Compassion.gif
    30.6 KB · Views: 91
  • Creative Power.gif
    Creative Power.gif
    37.2 KB · Views: 83
  • Discernment.gif
    Discernment.gif
    34.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Generosity.gif
    Generosity.gif
    30.3 KB · Views: 73

Uma

And five more updated

Attachments

• Intensity.gif
    Intensity.gif
    32.4 KB · Views: 70
  • Listening.gif
    Listening.gif
    40 KB · Views: 62
  • Oneness.gif
    Oneness.gif
    23.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Rapture.gif
    Rapture.gif
    26 KB · Views: 60
  • Reverence.gif
    Reverence.gif
    35 KB · Views: 66

Uma

And the last five updated...

Attachments

• Self Awareness.gif
    Self Awareness.gif
    47 KB · Views: 67
  • Self Realization.gif
    Self Realization.gif
    30.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Transcendence.gif
    Transcendence.gif
    38.1 KB · Views: 70
  • Visualization.gif
    Visualization.gif
    34.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Wisdom.gif
    Wisdom.gif
    49.9 KB · Views: 70

rwcarter

Uma,

I think the images are that much better without the keywords. Now I can take the title and the imagery and make my own decisions about how they relate to one another. I personally can't ask for anything more in a tarot deck!

Rodney

yaraluna

way much better to read for me too!

perhaps putting the title at the bottom, so you first see the image, get the "vibes" on it, and then look down for info on the title. at least that is my preference for reading/ when using a card. :)
ETA: you can also place your copyright on the side of the card in a vertical position.

lovely work!!

yara

Ravenswing

quite remarkable. they draw me right in...

raven

Uma

yaraluna said:
way much better to read for me too!

perhaps putting the title at the bottom, so you first see the image, get the "vibes" on it, and then look down for info on the title. at least that is my preference for reading/ when using a card. :)
ETA: you can also place your copyright on the side of the card in a vertical position.

lovely work!!

yara

Good idea Yara. I like this look better too. The copyright will not be on printed version of cards. I don't think numbers are necessary, are they?

Attachments

• Wisdom.gif
    Wisdom.gif
    44.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Self Realization.gif
    Self Realization.gif
    33.4 KB · Views: 78

Uma

Here is a version B, with torn edges on the picture.

I'm really excited about all the feedback. I can see how much better it will be. A big thankyou to all of you.

Attachments

• Wisdom v2.gif
    Wisdom v2.gif
    46 KB · Views: 81
  • Self Realization v2.gif
    Self Realization v2.gif
    32.8 KB · Views: 79

rwcarter

Uma,

As long as you're putting the "standard" equivalents on the cards, then, no, I don't think you need to include numbers on them, As for the torn edges, I'm torn. (Sorry, couldn't resist. :D) I don't think it works as well on Wisdom as it does on Self-Realization.

Rodney