The Primary Deck Reflections 2010 (both threads)

strings of life

This is great; so many people have made such progress (setting up blogs if they didn't have them or blogging again if they haven't in a while). In addition to the blog, I keep a print journal too and use it for more private observations and also to log any journaling I do at night that will later be transcribed to the blog.

I'd like to add everyone's blog to my Google Reader so that I can get all of your RSS feeds. Since this thread isn't that long, I'll check the web site links in each post. But, as this thread gets longer, if you want me to subscribe, feel free to add a comment to the post in my web site link so that I know to add you.

Support will be key here. I love the variety of decks being used.

I'm still figuring out the main day I'll be posting. I like Sundays too (end of the week).

CathS

I need to revive my blog, but I've linkied it to the Website link below. I'll tidy it up at the weekend to be more in line with the current aims.

Looking forward to this - and inspiration to keep blogging!

KafkasGhost

aurarcana said:
This is great; so many people have made such progress (setting up blogs if they didn't have them or blogging again if they haven't in a while). In addition to the blog, I keep a print journal too and use it for more private observations and also to log any journaling I do at night that will later be transcribed to the blog.

I'd like to add everyone's blog to my Google Reader so that I can get all of your RSS feeds. Since this thread isn't that long, I'll check the web site links in each post. But, as this thread gets longer, if you want me to subscribe, feel free to add a comment to the post in my web site link so that I know to add you.

Support will be key here. I love the variety of decks being used.

I'm still figuring out the main day I'll be posting. I like Sundays too (end of the week).

Your blog is beautiful!

Yes, I finally set mine up for purposes of my PDR (and IDS). What a fun learning experience (setting up a blog, and learning about my deck of course).

Thanks for the encouragement!

I think someone mentioned about it here that it's a blessing and a bummer to PDR (and IDS) a deck that no one else is using.

Blessing in that the journey will be very unique and individual, bummer in that I have no one else (thus far) with which to commiserate.

It's totally cool, though. My biggest challenge is trying to resist looking up everyone's declared decks, when I'm supposed to be focusing!

Onyx

I have had a very good PDR day!

I went by Borders to get my new 2010 journal all set because I had a five dollar off coupon. I found out that it was half price and still got my five dollars off. I got it for one quarter of the price! Woo Hoo! Very excited.

The sign up thread is all updated, I went through and followed all the blogs that I could find that you all have set up. If I have missed you then let me know. I follow under Onyx and my avatar is the same as here on the AT. Many of us last year used the same avatar so that it could be easily identifiable when we were commenting and following since there is a mixture of real names and online alias going around.

Still my big choice is which stinking deck to use! AHHHHHHH! I have decided one way to decide and it is a big one. I have not had a real opinion on the Strength/Justice as 8 or 11, like ever . . . but as I enter 2010 as an 8 year for me I just feel more drawn to the balancing energy of Justice and so I will be only considering using a deck that has the Majors unnumbered or has Justice (or equivalent) as 8. This is really surprising because I was really starting to lean toward a Ride-Waite-Smith deck or clone too.

Now that I am looking for this one thing in a deck I am amazed at how many deck I have that have Justice as 8. I was just sure that there would only be a few decks with my thought that most decks followed the newer Strength as 8. Now I am going to take a look at a few and see if any of them stands out as the deck for the next year.

For now I am going to focus on looking at how I am going to end 2009's PDR with the Liber T and do close out my current journal and will decided sometime by the end of the New Year’s weekend.

If I have missed you in the sign up thread or have your info incorrect please PM me so that I can get it all correct.

Allan

Myrrha

Onyx said:
Still my big choice is which stinking deck to use! AHHHHHHH! I have decided one way to decide and it is a big one. I have not had a real opinion on the Strength/Justice as 8 or 11, like ever . . . but as I enter 2010 as an 8 year for me I just feel more drawn to the balancing energy of Justice and so I will be only considering using a deck that has the Majors unnumbered or has Justice (or equivalent) as 8. This is really surprising because I was really starting to lean toward a Ride-Waite-Smith deck or clone too.

Allan

That is intersting Allan
I am in an 8 year as well and it was a bit of a shock to realize that I basically had to choose whether I would consider it to be Justice or Strength. I am going with Strength though as fortitude, perseverance, and inner strength seem to be what I need right now.

I'll be interested to see what deck you choose.

DancingGemini

I'm starting to think that Secret and I are meant for each other. While I'm still new to reading tarot and I still have to resort to the LWB most of the time, Secret has been great to work with on some spreads.

I'm really excited about doing this. :)

strings of life

KafkasGhost (great screen name) you are far too kind :). If anyone needs any assitance with setting up their blog, let me know.

Onyx, thanks for speerheading all of this.

I too, like the flexibility of the freedom to use Justice/8 - Strength (11) and the MRP decks are unumbered. Aside from that, it was hard choosing; I'm still undecided with what I'll be using for my 78 weeks study (one deck or more)...

Onyx

It is my pleasure to be the facilitator to a successful year and PDR. I just know how much it worked for me this last year and so I am hopeful to share that with others.

I have been looking at decks that don't have a numbered Major Arcana. I like the Victorian Romantic but while it is a great reading deck for me I am just not getting the feeling that it is the right deck at this point for me. But I also got in the Wheel of Change Tarot this week which also has Majors without numbers. I am still considering and combing through my collection. I have tried a couple of readings with some of them and a few have started to show more promise than others. I am leaning toward a Tarot de Marseille deck, the Alchemical Renewed, the Circle of Life, and the Deviant Moon as well. I think that there may be a very good chance that I will continue on working with the Liber T as well.

There are a couple of things to consider in the PDR experience.
Picking out a PDR deck has been like picking out someone significant other. This is the deck that will be speaking into my life and about my life to me for the next 12 months. I want it to be honest, courageous, insightful but also gentle, clear and interesting. It is a hard mix to find. There has to be a mix of both drive and expectation with mercy and understanding. I keep think by trying out a deck on our own personal lives we get a better feel for how it will work in readings for others too.

One other thing to consider is that some people have a hard time reading for themselves. It can be very difficult to be objective enough to be honest in a reading. Doing so many readings for yourself it is typical to see a lot of the same issues and topics come up over and over again. It has been important for me to act on the readings and to apply the lessons I learn. So as I choose a deck I need to look at decks that have the substance to teach and instruct me. The spreads will play a big part but picking the right deck is the cornerstone of a successful 2010.

Allan

inanna_tarot

The wonderful Onyx has heard back from the mods and have given the OK for me to play in the pool with you!

So I have a daily card I drew on Monday (and which sort of covers yesterday as well because Ive just had tw fab days and a great week overall !).

I am also wondering about a year ahead spread and doing something, its a full blue moon tomorrow so I do want to do something if not a year ahead reading tomorrow night with my Druid Plant Oracle.

I agree with what Onyx said, reading for yourself can be hard (well for me) because I'm rubbish at picking out good spreads, or even been adventurous with spreads. I tend to stick to one or 3 cards and dont go much deeper, so one part of my PDR is to do bigger spreads

inanna_tarot

im officially allowed to play - how groovy!

Looking forward to seeing you all in the new year as PDR 2010 :D