The Prophets - Majors Only work-in-progress

Elven

Just beautiful!
I'll be following your journey - Such vivid and soul-full inspiring artworks - they're all hitting the right spot for me.
Cheers
Elven x

shadowdancer

It is refreshing to see a masculine energy associated with this card - not often seen in my collection.

I love how this also shows it is possible to aim higher than the stars - if you are prepared to focus and send out that belief.

Good luck with the commissioned work Ash.

Davina

sacredashes

:* Elven, glad to have you aboard my rickety old boat :D.. hang on tight and enjoy the ride... ;)

:heart: Davina, I was thinking it would seem awkward to have a masculine figure in The Star card but this one turned out alright (imo) and I figured it would be awesome to try it for The Prophets.

It would not be the same but similiar in theme; but this image did dispel the notion that The Star card has to have a female entity in it for me. I like the fact that he looks so at peace; hopefully, The Prophet Masculine who eventually ends up in this card will not find being in touch with his feminine aspect too uncomfortable.

:heart:

Ash

MoonGypsy

Beloved Ash! i am breathless with the images i have seen so far! i have been there and long to return...

The tendrils of my bones wind around the stars of Eternity.

The marrow blossoms into a Universe of Star flowers...

The skull bursts forth into a thousand cosmic rays of light...

~Time is unmasked~

In the Naked Truth of Eternity...

i feel so inspired by your Art, Ash...:*

MGxxx

sacredashes

MoonGypsy said:
Beloved Ash! i am breathless with the images i have seen so far! i have been there and long to return...

The tendrils of my bones wind around the stars of Eternity.

The marrow blossoms into a Universe of Star flowers...

The skull bursts forth into a thousand cosmic rays of light...

~Time is unmasked~

In the Naked Truth of Eternity...

i feel so inspired by your Art, Ash...:*

MGxxx

:heart: It is an honor truly if my work inspires such beauty. I would say the pleasure is all mine.... because when I read thoughts such as what you've shared, woven into a tapestry of words that is pure poetry in motion; it make the image comes alive in more ways than one. So thank YOU, MoonGypsy. :)

Ash

sacredashes

Prophet of Death (Feminine Aspect of XIII)

A prophet; dark mother of night terrors; crow of ill omen. She emerged like a shadow breaking into a flock of starving ravens.

I heard her speak through the voice of another and she told me a story that was older than the stars. I felt her pain as she spoke of old wounds that just never healed. I could not read what was in her eyes but they sent chills down my spine.

When her story finally ended, I asked her to stay a little longer but she politely refused. Without looking back, she said that she would come for me one day for the beast was here all allong...

**Reference image was borrowed with permission from Liliana's Midnight

But did you know that Life and Death are sacred twins; that one cannot exist without the other. How does one compare the beauty of the night with the radiance of the light without doing one or both injustice?

..... to be continued

Attachments

• Prophet of Death.jpg
    Prophet of Death.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 132

sacredashes

Prophet of Death (Masculine Aspect of XIII)

The jester weeps for the dearly departed; rivers of ink stains his cheeks as he ferries us home for we look upon his face with terror; his hedious mask strikes fear into our hearts.

Once upon a time, at the threshold of birth; I think I told him that I look forward to the day we'll meet again, old friend.. for we have walked this road many times before. Back then I looked upon his face and called him beautiful, his company gave me comfort for the impending journey into the unknown was more than I could bear.

Yet somehow along the way I must have forgotten my promise to him; I think I forgot my purpose for coming here.

Is death as painful as birth, I wonder? I cannot recall the day I was born into the world, nor the pain I felt nor the cutting of the cord... Could it be that I forgot what death means, like I forgot my reason for coming back?

And when I next look upon the face of Death; would I too, cringe in horror at his face that is made up of my own fear... or would I embrace an old friend who has come to accompany me on the long walk home?

To walk through burning coal on my own accord or be dragged kicking and screaming; where is dignity in death if there is no dignity in me? My prophets plague me with rambling thoughts of lunacy but I sense some riddled truth in it somewhere.

Ash

Attachments

• Prophet of Death - Masculine XIII.jpg
    Prophet of Death - Masculine XIII.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 127

LotusSong

If I wasn't so busy these days, this is where I would start my search for more information. It makes me want to dig into myths about fate-weavers and gods who foretold death and collected/judged the dead - or were death itself. Hades, the Mórrígan, Anubis, the Valkyires, the Moirae (Clotho, Lachesis, Atropos)... I could go on and on. For some reason the story of the Feminine aspect of Death makes me think of Nyx, the primordial Greek goddess of the night.

It also makes me want to write poetry. You are one of only several people whose words I've read on the internet make me wish to do that. One of them inspired me to try and write a poem every day in an attempt to become better. I failed miserably at both counts, but I did produce a handful of poems I felt were alright. Perhaps I should try to pick up that challenge once more...

sacredashes

then write, my friend... just write...

When I first started drawing images that plagued my mind's eye, it was a form of purging. My skills are not fantastic; even now, I would not consider them anywhere near what I hope them to be. Not to sound ungrateful but I know that my growth will end when I feel I am good enough... stagnation kills creation as surely as the ego hanging on to a lie to prop itself up.

Back then, I did not care if the images turned out well; I knew they didn't but I knew also that to improve, I had to continue honing that skill. With each piece, there may be improvement; there may not... but the journey has to be made if only to know the answer at the end of the creative process. I saw some changes and still do; picked up some tricks through mistakes because it is through those mistakes that I learned what not to do; how to improvise, when to stop but I stuck to the same style like a person who sweeps the same place over and over; just to do it better the next time round.

I've always been drawn to the darker aspects of the self; not because I seek it but because I do not wish to fear it... And it is my fear that tells me not to break those limitations; to stay within the safe zone; to be oblivious; to stay blissfully ignorant.

One of the cards that brings on "fear" in all its myriad forms both glorious and horrific is The Death card. "Fear is a nameless terror", a friend to me once... and I thought upon it; and decided I will name my fears and went looking for them so I know their names.

Death in The Diary was a card I drew when a friend of mine was killed; moments after I escaped it in the form of an accident. It troubled me greatly for many days; mortality is frightening especially when its too close for comfort. When you can feel its icy touch at the back of your neck like a lover's kiss; when it whispers so softly.. you wonder if it was really there at all.

But it was there all along; in the endings that we experience everyday. The end of a bus-ride; the last day at a job we've had for how many years; the end of a marriage or when we say farewell to someone leaving for good; when the swallow leaves its nest to spread its wings for the very first time; when withered flowers bow to the sun and their petals touch the ground; all things around us are dead or dying yet with every rise of the sun; with every breath we take... new life also springs forth; a new day begins. The cycle renews itself; with or without our approval. Moments; all frozen in a time capsule that pours itself back out to the universe.

In a blog abandoned long ago, I wrote this piece for The Death card in The Diary deck. Ramblings that I cannot silence in my head. Sometimes I pay attention and write them down; most times they are gone as quickly as they come; like the notes that float upwards when The Prophet of Arts plucks at the string...

I wish to pose a question, traveller... Why do we pretend that Death in these cards do not mean Death in its literal sense when that is exactly what it means? Could it be that we fear the physical aspect of Death thus; we tip toe around the truth hoping to soften the edge off it?

Death comes to us all; it does not discriminate nor does it negotiate terms. Death on the physical aspect is but a facet of an ageless concept. It is a companion walking alongside us waiting to take us to another place; Death is not personal but grief, loss, sorrow, helplessness... these are personally felt when Death claims one of our own.

Yet in every moment of our lives; we are well acquainted with Death. In both the mundane and significant, there has to be a beginning and an end that leads to another cycle of creation and birth. It is in that ending that Death awaits; for without it there is no transition. All things that perish will one day meet Death; all things that end will meet new beginnings. It is but a bend in the road; not the end of the road.

Perhaps its because my soul and personality cards are The Emperor and Death; that I find myself drawn to it. I really don't know. Stories related to Death from different cultures, scriptures, fairy-tales, myths, legends, etc... they all hold different perspectives that can enrich our understanding of it; not entirely perhaps... but understand it better.

Ash

MoonGypsy

i sip the cosmic nectar flowing from these intoxicating images until i am drunk from this Divine Wine! My head spins with primal memories stirring deep within my starlit fibers...of weaving stars with a glance and dancing worlds into being...

A Poet is one who pours heavenly nectar into the dusty flasks of thirsty souls...

Ash, your art and words are a healing balm for we weary souls who are slowly healing our torn and tattered wings...

Gaze into the smiling skull of Death, for SHE knows the secret...

Hugs,
MoonGypsyxxx