2econd 2arot

Mallah

I have posted the new Chariot card...not sure about it tho....

I wanted the Chariot to look paradoxical...but not sure if it "works". The wheels are not atattched, and the whole vehicle is much to small for the egoist that drives it...who seems very vain to me...sorta typical of the teenage male who's just gotten the keys to the car, LOL.

The vehicle is propelled of course by the Will of the charioteer...manifesting here as fire and water...laying down the road before him as he goes...as the chariot passes over, the fire and water get blended up by the wheels, and we see the elements more mixed in his wake.

Instead of the traditional interlocked phallus/yoni on the placard on the front of the chariot, I think He is the phallus and the chariot is the yoni...but not sure if it all works, or if it looks stupid...I'm too close.

www.photobucket.com/lumpy5tarot
password lumpy5

Babalon Jones

hi lumpy!

I really like the fire/water devas pulling it along. (He does look like quite the narcissist type though, lol, the look on his face reminds me of the snooty blond magic teacher/fraud in one of the Potter flicks, forget his name but he wrote books titled stuff like "Magical Me". :))

If you were going to change anything, the only thing I would do different is maybe make the chariot bigger.

I like the background too; it almost looks like a bunch of interlocking arrows at first.

Mallah

hi lumpy!

I really like the fire/water devas pulling it along. (He does look like quite the narcissist type though, lol, the look on his face reminds me of the snooty blond magic teacher/fraud in one of the Potter flicks, forget his name but he wrote books titled stuff like "Magical Me". :))
yeah...lol...I was thinking "prince charming" from the Shrek movies....but I kinda wanted that effect...

If you were going to change anything, the only thing I would do different is maybe make the chariot bigger.
My thought too. I need to be more patient with my line art, and look at it longer before I get into colorizing the images...that way (well, you know...) I don't put so much work in on something then decide to change it...I think I'll just do pencil versions of more of the cards, out ahead of myself, so I have time to ruminate and reflect...my "moon" card needs help too, and I've re done my heirophant/storyteller twice...

I think it better to leave the drafts for longer...it'd be different if I was doing computer art.

I like the background too; it almost looks like a bunch of interlocking arrows at first.

I call that 'microchip'....it used to be (in the first deck I did) that all the little shapes would be outlined...but now, well you can see it in most of the other cards...usually I don't outline it all...makes it less pronounced. BUt I wanted that here.

Thanks for your feedback.