Cat's Eye Tarot

starsongs

Love it too...

catdoc,

I just found this thread...and was delighted to view the Catdoc Tarot major arcana cards...I echo everyone's sentiments...and would buy this deck in a heartbeat; sure hope it is published soon...:)

All the very best to you...

starsongs

catdoc

Thank you Starsong. I have begun working on the minor arcana and I have 2 of the 4 aces done. I will post a link to them when I up load the images.
Deb

baba-prague

The Aces? We've had quite some debate about our Aces (I think we will only show paws, not whole figures, although this is what we are still a little unsure about). I'd really like to see what you've chosen to do. Judging by the cards so far, I'm sure it will be good.

Glad to hear it is going well.

catdoc

Aces

Baba (aka Karen)
I have chosen to just show paws on the aces. As I start on the minor arcana cards I debated in which order to do them in.

I have had a rough outline for all of the cards from the start, but as you know, the images tend to evolve as you work on each individual card. For the Majors I did them in numerical order from zero to twenty one to avoid the temptation to work on my favorite cards and leave more challenging ones till last.

For the minors I decided to do the 4 aces first to set the color and tone for the suits. I do not have "suit symbols" per se but rather plan to use color with a nod to elemental atributions to help the reader identify suit. Cards will be labeled with the traditional suit names and a number, but no cups, wands, pentacles or swords will appear in the images. Fish, Reptiles, Rodents, and Birds as well as cat coat colors will hopefully help tie the suit cards together.

For the Major Arcana, I chose purple as a common if subtle color scheme. (it is more apparent in the original art work than in the scanned images). For the minors I will probably try to be a bit less subtle and will use orange for wands, red-pink for cups, blue for swords, and green-brown for pentacles.

I will share images of the aces soon.
Deb

ol_crazy_Legs

OMG... I dont know what it is but usually i like the more "morbid" Deck. (Gothic Tarot) but somthing about this one just gets me. I love it!!!

WolfyJames

Neat cards! I'm really eager to see the rest of the deck. :)

baba-prague

Nice witty Aces!

I think I found the snake one a little alarming though - to be honest - but the fish really made me smile.

Please can you say a little more about the snake? It does get across the fire quality of wands really well - but it would be good to hear more.

catdoc

the snake

You are right baba, the snake may give this card a bit of an ominous feel. Although I think he is a rather handsome fellow. I had originally thought that I would use a lizard on this card, but chose the snake because I wanted something a bit more over the top for the start of the wands suit. I think of wands as being about risk taking and adventure seeking. A suit of action, creativity, ego and personal power. For a kitty to tangle with a snake is a riskier proposition than tossing about a gecko :)
I find that individual cats vary greatly in the degree to which they seem to seek out novel and exciting experiences. Not unlike people. I am sure that if they could, some kitties would be participating in the X-games.

Perhaps the question one might ask when this card appears in a reading would be "have you really thought through this action you are getting ready to take?" Or maybe it might say to you "go for it you know you have the skill!"

It is my goal to have the cats in this deck doing cat like things which convey the spectrum of meanings expected in a "true tarot deck" but from a cat's eye point of view. It remains to be seen whether I will succeed in this goal. Many cat behaviors are pretty subtle and may be dificult to depict visually and acheive the desired impact. We shall see.

Deb

starsongs

love the aces

Catdoc,

I love the two aces! The idea of just using paws is really powerful, suggestive of the raw energy of the Ace, and action rather than a reasoning process...

The rose color is really striking on the cups suit..and suggests the love, compassion and devotion often associated with cups...

The snake made me smile..He looks so wise and totally unimpressed with the cat paw reaching toward him..gave the sense of opportunity rather than danger, but also possibly caution when not entirely understanding new situations or signals received...

I can't wait to see more..:)

starsongs