A New Gay Themed Tarot.

Elven

Hi Chris, :)

Thankyou so much for such a detailed reply. I understand the Fool so much more - it makes perfect sense - I keep going back to it to see what else intrigues me about it - it may also be where I am at the moment in some aspect - so my attention is being drawn to it - magnetically - a subconscious connection.

The Devil represents and embodies all the aspects which you explained! A very calculated card!! Perfect - MWAhahahah!!! Seriously - Great!

Thanks for your help with those two - look forward to more - when you get another uninterupted day :) Which wont be until you've had a good look through your TOD!! Enjoy!!! :D

Many Blessings
Elven x

The 78th Fool

New Web Site

Just to let you know that as promised I've now modified my web site. You can now view both the original and revised versions of my first tarot deck, my two decks of divinatory playing cards and the new gay deck in progress.

All the cards completed to date are displayed, now in their borders (which i know some of you will hate me for!). You can also see the provisional draft of the back design. I've decided to call it 'The Son Tarot' - short, sweet and to the point!

I'll post future completed cards directly to the site rather than as attachments here. I will however let you know of any new ones here and post the relevant link. Hope you like progress to date. Here's the link below.

http://www.butlerart.co.uk/tarot

Love,
Chris. xx

Elven

Congratulations on the website update Chris - another great achievement!!

Where do you get the time!!!???? :)
Have emailed you.

Many Blessings
Elven x

Flavio

Chris, Congratulations on your ongoing Tarot deck and website modification. I also agree that Temperance must be the title card :) Keep the goob job!

Chronata

The Son Tarot.

The name is just perfect!

I really wanted to say how much I love the fool card in this deck.
It is a masterfull graphic work!

And I really like the website a lot....seeing all the cards of this deck together, you can definitely get a sense of a harmonious set.

and...well normally I don't like borders...but I think the borders of this deck are uniquely wonderful...and do really enhance the images, rather than distract from them!

keep up the good work! I really love everything I see!

The 78th Fool

Thanks Guys!

Elven: As A self employed artist I can always justify the time spent - after all I'm working (even if it's not always on the piece of work I should be working on!!)

Chronata: Your compliments on the effectiveness of the borders have made me a very happy (not to mention relieved!) man.

Flavio: Drop back in at my web site next time you log on - I've just posted the title card - incorporating Temperance. (and a very bright rainbow!)

Love,
Chris. xx

TSPerez

Art

I like your art. Will it be the same model on all of the cards, though? That may be rather restricting to a growing global community. The four cards you show impart to me a sense of alienation, rather than connection. However, this may be a projection on my part more than it is the expression of the artist.

The 78th Fool

TSPerez said:
I like your art. Will it be the same model on all of the cards, though? That may be rather restricting to a growing global community. The four cards you show impart to me a sense of alienation, rather than connection. However, this may be a projection on my part more than it is the expression of the artist.

This is a difficult one! I'm actually using five models to date - One is the main face of the Major Arcana, a second is the main face of the Minor Arcana and the Consorts (to replace the Queens). These two are supplemented by a third who acts as number 2's partner on the relevant cards (He also appears as the Kings). the remaining two models appear on the Heralds and the Knights.

On an artistic level, I liked the idea of using the same person to show that the cards represent different facets of ourselves as individuals. On a practical level I can't afford to hire and pay life models.

I don't have any funding for this project but I've been really lucky. Three of the models are friends who have agreed to pose for me. I owe them a huge debt - It is no small thing to agree to model nude on a potentially commercial publication. One of them used to be a fashion model in the eighties so he has a lot of experience in front of the camera. The remaining two are both professional life models. Both of these offered their services for free because they wanted to be part of the project. I have struck up an ongoing friendship with one of these guys - he's the one who appears on the Minors.

I've been really lucky here - I'm reliant on people's goodwill because of budget constraints . My only regret is that some may perceive this as a 'white' deck. I would have liked to show guys from different ethnic backgrounds but at the end of the day it has boiled down to availability of models and budget.

I hope that this won't be too off - putting for people. I'm also hoping that as more cards are completed that the associations and patterns I want to portray become clearer.

In the meantime, thanks for raising a really valid point - It's not one I'm sure I know how to address but It's one I need to be aware of.

Chris. xx

PS. Reminder - All completed cards now shown at:

www.butlerart.co.uk/tarot

TSPerez

A stunning deck nonetheless.

I saw the complete deck on your website and can't wait for it to get on the market.