Chronata's Other Happy Distraction...

Chronata

I already know what some of you are thinking...and of course, you are absolutely right!

You are thinking....why oh why is she making ANOTHER deck?
Doesn't she have enough on her plate at the moment? to last for the next century?

Why yes...I have MORE than enough!

But I dunno...it's something about the energy of making a deck...it just sort of grows and grows until it overflows and spills over into other projects, I guess.

This ones not a tarot, though...it's an ORACLE DECK!

And no...you CAN'T have one! :D (well...OK maybe...but not for a long while yet!)

This project has been inspired by another oracle deck that I own and love...known as the Morgan's Tarot.
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/morgans/

Those of you who have seen it and used it...will know what I am talking about...it's not like any other oracle in my collection...it's both deeply spiritual and frivilously giddy.
It depends as much on words as it does image to get it's point across.

And the words can be taken in many ways. It's trippy, fun, amazingly accurate,a little dated, and unfortunately really hard to get a hold of at the moment.

And I kept thinking...why isn't there MORE oracles like this? why do they have to be based on systems?

why shouldn't I just make something similar....

But with my own ideas about what we need to know...both spiritually and in the everday mundane?

And it needs to be in color.

and updated for a new modern way of thinking!

so...it's 4 AM here right now, and I spent the evening making some cards.
so far I have the designs to make a deck of 40.

and I really need to be doing at least 5 other much more important things right now!

Oh well....hope ya like em. There are already many interpretations in my head..and actually on paper too.

Attachments

• first 4 oracle.jpg
    first 4 oracle.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 472

FantasyWorld

Brilliant!!!
I love it and of course we are going to want one})

weaver

Fantastic, Chronata! I love it!!!!! And, yes, FantasyWorld is right, we ARE going to want this one, too! :D

You are an amazingly talented, wildly imaginative woman!

weaver

jackdaw*

My God, Chronata, do you ever sleep?? Amaaaazing!

(and yes, I want one too ... along with the Midnight Masquerade)

Gardener

Oh Chronata, you are completely nuts. You do realize that, don't you? I love them, I love them! They are like the Morgan's Tarot only better! I can't wait to see what else you come up with. I think people who see this thread should make suggestions for cards to add to the deck, and if I could think of any, I would. (If I come up with any later, I'll post them here.) Fabulous work, and now that I HAVE the Midnight Masquerade and the Minute Tarot, lucky lucky lucky me, I can start the process of craving the Morgan Two!

Summerdream

Hey Chronata,

Just to let you know I tried pming you by your inbox is full, so I sent an email instead:)

Summerdream

Tk2dsky

Ohhhhhhh I really like these! Now I am lusting after all three of you decks.
B*B
Ericka

Annabelle

Beautiful work, as always!!!

Whenever you decide to make up a pre-order list, I want to be on it. :D

Chronata

ha ha ha!
You guys are too funny...oh wait...
you are all serious, aren't you?
:D

Glad you all like them! I have been pushing this idea around in my head...and in a notebook...for about 5 months now.

My first thought was...well, no one's going to understand what the hell I am doing with these! it's nice to know that it's not true.

I am trying to find phrases and images that have many meanings...many layers, both in the spiritual and the mundane.

the working title is...
"That Odd Little Oracle"

But I don't know if it's irreverant enough!

And gardener..you are right! I would love some more ideas for cards!
I get sort of insanely inspired...and lots of things come out all at once (like the time I spent at your place!) but then when I look back on them, only some ideas are multi layered enough for me to be usable...

so...ideas for cards...very much welcome!

Here's a few more cards...

they are done on paper that is glued to playing cards (making instant backs!)
A nifty trick I learned from the Artist Trading Card folks!

Attachments

• oracle 4 more.jpg
    oracle 4 more.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 270

Chronata

Here's two more

(that I don't like as much...) but you get the idea of what kind of ideas Ima going with! :)

Attachments

• some oracle cards.jpg
    some oracle cards.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 289