AT's ATC Tarot Deck Project and Exhibition

firecatpickles

rebecca-smiles said:
We could create, with the forums permission, a gallery that is public, and a window from which the participants ONLY can download the images.

I imagine the cost for AT would be prohibitive, since it would require every participant have password to gain entrance to a particualr sub-Form where these images would be housed. I am almost certain this format will not technically support it, either.

If the images were to be made public, the risk of piracy would be the issue.

Also, several capabilities, such as uploading pics, are reserved for paying subscribers only.

There are several sites that will allow for password protected images, such as photobucket.com. Why not use something like that instead? It would be much less finagling on ATs part.

Sheri

I would like to take The World and at least the 2 of Wands. I might be able to do more if only doing enough for the contributors to have a deck. I can take more on when these are finished.

valeria :D

blackroseivy

As one who has prohibitive technical difficulties with producing the physical copies, I'd love it if we could do it another way. I hope that someone can figure this one out!

chrisam-crystals

so are going to make 78 copies of our originals or just make the one card fro the exhibition?

i don't want to post on my craft forum until i know the full details. :)

jue xx

Colly34

Rececca, have you a name in mind for this deck?
Has anyone any ideas as to what this deck could be named?

just a thought..........

blackroseivy

How about, "The Aeclectic (or just Eclectic) Deck"? Because it certainly will be! ;)

rebecca-smiles

kilts_knave said:
I imagine the cost for AT would be prohibitive, since it would require every participant have password to gain entrance to a particualr sub-Form where these images would be housed. I am almost certain this format will not technically support it, either.

If the images were to be made public, the risk of piracy would be the issue.

Also, several capabilities, such as uploading pics, are reserved for paying subscribers only.

There are several sites that will allow for password protected images, such as photobucket.com. Why not use something like that instead? It would be much less finagling on ATs part.

I think that the obstacles to this deck; multiple projects, sign up, production, presentation etc. are mostly theoretical, its not doomed!!!

It is entirely possible that we could produce an independant website/forum soley for the purpose of this project, thus eliminating any problems with siphoning members. we'll come to that IF it goes ahead this way. Thanks for the tip about photobucket by BTW.

it seems no one has championed the 78 cards per 'card' route, so it will either be decks per person or originals only, but i need more yeay/nay from people or i will choose for us, prefering the originals only route myself. i had wanted to produce many decks but that seems unrealistic now, as sign up is quite select.

valeria; the two wands and world are yours.

Erica: there is an exhibition in beg. dec. which i am keeping an open option on, but may not be realistic dealine. i shant be pesimistic though, we shall see. the actual exhibition is in may/june so plenty of time. if there is not a specific card you want in addition, you could probably sign up for more at your leisure!!!

Name?! no i hadn't thought beyond the AT's ATC tarot deck, but more creative ideas are welcome.....(thinking, thinking)....

chrisam-crystals

well i will need to know whether it is just the original or the original PLUS 78 copies that will be needed for this project, so that i can advertise it on the craft forum.

they love any excuse to get creative on there! lol

the quicker that i can tell them the quicker the deck will be made. :)

jue xx

jackdaw*

I think I prefer the idea of one deck per contributor (ie, though I have two cards I am doing, I will get only one deck), but I am agreeable either way.

Not sure what you mean by only originals? Do you mean that we send you ONLY our original deck and you create the copies, or we send 78 or however many "originals"?

My Fool is done, and I am working on my Ace of Pentacles now. Although my Fool may be tweaked some! :)

Colly34

If it comes to a vote, I am happy to fall in with what most people want, I know that's not much help when your looking for a show of hands! :) but I'm really easy either way.

Just to be clear on this.....(rebecca please put me right if I've got this completly wrong!)

option 1: We make only enough cards so that only the participants get a complete deck.This still requires that we post the original and the correct number of copies to you. You use the original in the exhibition and after the exhibition, you collate the cards together and send out the decks and return the original card to each participant.

option2: We make one original card and 78 copies, send the original and copies to you. You use the original in the exhibition and after collate the decks together and send each participant a deck plus their original card.

option3: We make original cards only, we send the original card to you for the exhibition, making sure we have scanned it first. We then load the image up to a website/forum/blog etc.etc. for which only the participants have the password to access.
When the deck is complete and all cards have been uploaded, all participants may then download the cards and print them off for themselves, to make up their deck.
After the exhibition you return all original cards to participants.

phew!!.............it's now you tell me I have this completely wrong!!