A look into the future

HearthCricket

Yes, and I love how refreshing it is to see a young Queen of Swords. Not someone somber or austere. She has gained her wisdom through experience, but not necessarily through the ages. She is beautiful, frail, and tremendously wise behind those freckles and eyes. A part of her reminds me of the pairs skater Ekaterina Gordeeva, who was quite young when her young husband died unexpectedly from a heart condition. When she returned briefly to the ice she was so thin, pale and frail, and yet she had matured greatly and there was this amazing inner strength that helped her survive and be wiser for the experience. She had some freckles, too!

Papageno

HearthCricket said:
Yes, and I love how refreshing it is to see a young Queen of Swords. Not someone somber or austere.

:laugh: it IS nice isn't it.

sometimes I do get kinda tired looking at images that exude all the charm and appeal of a maximum security prison matron

Myrrha

I love that The Magician has lines on his face. When face after face is young it can get boring. How you can capture facial expression just amazes me. His face looks like he is involved in what he is doing and shows, not worry, but absorption in making something happen.

The Tower was just a bit too delicate. If that Tower came down it would just make a quiet "tinkle" sound not a crash.

It is interesting to see the changes to the Fool card and the mad closeup detail. Thank you for sharing these works in progress and I can't wait to see this beautiful and special deck!

--Myrrha

Disa

ohh, isn't it almost time for a new one? I can't wait to see the Hermit.

Neely75

Oh Wow, Ciro, This is the first time I have looked at these cards. They are beautiful! Congratulations. I can't wait to see more of them.

cirom

Disa said:
ohh, isn't it almost time for a new one? I can't wait to see the Hermit.

Actually I have made some progress on the Hermit, Hangin Man, another Queen and half a knight :). However for a number of reasons and recent discussions, I have reconsidered this thread, and my general participation and role here on Aeclectic. I have come to the decision it would better to be less active on this and other public forums at least for a period of time. For anyone who is interested in the progress of this particular project or has any specific questions regarding either the Gilded or Tarot of Dreams, I can of course be reached via my web site.

coyoteblack

cirom said:
Actually I have made some progress on the Hermit, Hangin Man, another Queen and half a knight :). However for a number of reasons and recent discussions, I have reconsidered this thread, and my general participation and role here on Aeclectic. I have come to the decision it would better to be less active on this and other public forums at least for a period of time. For anyone who is interested in the progress of this particular project or has any specific questions regarding either the Gilded or Tarot of Dreams, I can of course be reached via my web site.

bah !! i read the thread where you kind of made that decision. Dont let a few people convince you that your opinion is not wanted here.

Netzach

How come I've only just found this thread? I love these cards . . . and I simply adore the second version of the Fool. (Although I have to say I find the Magician's face a little scary.) I'm sorry that your retiring from this thread, Ciro, just when I've found it.

satinangel

I also, just found this thread and have been pulled in! Ciro, I am sorry to see that you won't be participating here as fully as you have in the past. I do hope that you will reconsider. As you know, I am a great fan of your work!

Looking foward to seeing the finished work on this new deck!

cirom

High Priestess

I have struggled with this card a for a long time, I gave up on many previous attempts. I'm kind of satisfied with this version (for now ;-), but the lady herself has asked for her owl back :), the owl that I'd temporarily used on the Queen of Swords and the High Priestess is someone you don't want to mess with. The Queen of Swords will be aquiring an eagle instead.

Attachments

• T3-HIGH-PRIESTESS.jpg
    T3-HIGH-PRIESTESS.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 372
  • T3-MOON-CARD.jpg
    T3-MOON-CARD.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 376