*I Tarocchi*: The Deck

blackroseivy

Hehe, I know I've been around a lot lately, & I will show what I can WHEN I can. For example, "The Tarot of the Ancient Celts" - this one is tough because I am probably going to do a limited-ed. of it concurrent with revamping the entire concept & taking it to a publisher. I have already shared those images, and when they become available, I will be sure to let everyone know.

However: THAT is not (really) the subject of this thread. :)

I wanted to share something that I am going to do, which entails entirely hand-painting a OOAK deck to be marketed on eBay.

I would like to share this one with the crowd - :D - I already started on the concept more or less for the deck in the "AT Deck Project & Exhibition" thread.

I am going to make Tarroti-sized cards, each & every one gold-leafed (yes, REAL gold) & hand-painted with egg tempera, for something rather like the original decks. :)

The backs of the cards will also be gold-leafed, stamped in crimson with a real Medieval pattern.

The box will be made of resin-clay, which will be stamped in the same pattern in relief, enamelled crimson, then the surface gold-leafed. It will be lined with a gold brocade with essentially the same pattern in black - though I may reverse it & go for gold on black. Have to see!

The title - you see it up there ^ - will be gold-leafed upon the top, which will be hinged onto the body of the box. I MAY do the letters in relief.

I would love to share these images, so as soon as I do start (properly, with The Fool! :D ) I will come back & show images of the cards.

The crowned one

I look forward to this deck and seeing the progression, we seem to have the same basic taste. One day I will do a deck too!

blackroseivy

Kewlness! :D I have been meaning to get to this for quite some time - I promised a single card to someone (as she's the one who bought me that EXPENS`IVO egg tempera set!!) - I am finishing that off; when I'm done with that, I can start.

However:

I CAN of course, scan THAT card in & show it (the 8 of Coins) seeing as I am banging out my ideas here - oh wait, that's an unintended irony or something!!! :D

The crowned one

We have the same birthday! Anyways, sure lets see that eight.

blackroseivy

HAHA! Yeah, ok! :D

blackroseivy

BTW: I'm calling this "The Deck" - not to be pretentious, but to distinguish if from my other project of the same name (I TAROCCHI). I am planning on (someday!! :( ) doing a very large-scale work in multi-panel pieces as a BIG gallery exhibit. I don't know how many years away that is, but anyway the compositions overall will be similar.

blackroseivy

*sigh*

...that SHOULD have been spelled "Tarocchi". :p Just asked Solandia for a quick correction....

missycab

This looks like a great project! (and also that involves a lot of hard work). I can't wait to see the first card!! Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

blackroseivy

Thank you SO MUCH!! :D That 1st card is SHINY!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

blackroseivy

Haha, the front is done. To my great satisfaction! :D I will post it as soon as it is dry enough - I also have to gold-leaf & stamp the back.