2009 Tarot Lovers' Calendar Cover Contest

Major Tom

I am holding a contest to design the cover for the 2009 edition of the Tarot Lovers' Calendar. The winning design will be used as the cover and the winning designer will get copies of the calendar from all the previous years that haven't sold out as well as a copy of the 2009 calendar.

The rules:

1. Contest open to all members of the Aeclectic Tarot Forums.

2. Original designs must be A4 size, that is, 210X297mm or 805X1170 pixels for electronically produced work as a minimum. Larger works may be submitted for reduction to A4 size.

3. Artwork can be in black&white, greyscale or colour and in any media. Please note however that the calendar will be printed on 'off-white' paper similar to the 2006, 2007 & 2008 editions.

4. All entries must be scanned for submission to me by email. You may also post your entry as an attachment (or as a link to your entry for non-subscribers) to this thread for comment by other members.

5. All entries must include the words "Tarot Lovers' Calendar 2009" and "Supported by Aeclectic Tarot" as part of the design. Please note the placement of the apostrophe in Lovers'.

6. To enter - please send me an email via the link below in the first instance and I will reply with the email address you will need for your submission.

7. All entries will be featured on my website where visitors will have the opportunity to vote for their favourite for free. Website visitors will also have the opportunity to pre-order a copy of the calendar featuring their favourite entry and get a laminated copy of their favourite entry whether or not it is the winner.

8. All entries will also feature in a poll on the Tarot Books & Media board for voting by Aeclectic Tarot Forum members. The question for the poll will be "Which cover for the Tarot Lovers' Calendar 2009 would you be most likely to buy?"

9. The winner to be decided by myself and my partner Jane as influenced by the polls. Our decision is final.

10. All entries must be received no later than 5th May 2008.

Good luck.

Major Tom

*looks at watch, scratches head, whistles an aimless tune*

Rereading my opening post I realised I didn't invite any immediate response. :|

We've had some really brilliant entries the last couple of years with The78thFool winning in 2007 and jmd in 2008. This is a real chance to get your work noticed.

The Tarot Lovers' Calendars are a reflection of the talent of the members of the Aeclectic Tarot Forums. A percentage of any profits are returned to the Forums.

It would be useful to me if you let us know you're planning to enter.

sacredashes

i'm in, Major. ;)

la-luna

Count me in.
I have some idea's that might work out nicely (I hope).

lunalafey

?

I'm interested, have a dozen images going through my mind right now.
Timing, my available time is limited, but if the creative spirit moves me, time means nothing.

Major Tom

Thank you sacredashes, la-luna and lunalafey. :)

I'll look forward to seeing your entries.

Major Tom

Just to say that there's still loads of time to get your entry together. ;)

Major Tom

1st entry received

Sacredashes asked me to post this image of his entry saying in effect that he was embarassed to do it himself. *shrugs*

I think he's got reason to be proud. ;)

Attachments

• sacredashes09entrysm.jpg
    sacredashes09entrysm.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 179

franniee

Hi Major Tom..... I want to give this a go too please. Let me think a bit - since I just saw this and I will get something together. :)

Thank you.

Elven

WOW!! sacredashes! What a great entry!
Dont be shy to post! Its great!! Lots of work in that! Be proud!

Cheers
Elven x