Duality Deck

Tanya Bond

Hi! My name is Tanya Bond and I'm new to this forum. I've checked the FAQ and it seems that it's allowed to share your oracle deck information and crowdfunding link. If I misunderstood something, I apologize in advance
il_570xN.782027098_866x.jpg

For the past 6 months I have been working on a Duality Deck - my personal take on an Oracle deck that will have my images on the cards and the booklet of meanings. The main purpose of this Deck is to bring peace into your thoughts and feelings when it comes to areas of your life that you are currently not so happy about. It can also be used as a message for the day where the meanings of the cards could suggest what to focus on throughout the day. I called it Duality to reflect the dual way of looking at our life and events in it. There is a straight forward logical way - where all we can see is linear events, who did what and why this and that happened; and yet there's another way of looking at things, the "not so straight forward way", where causes and effects as well as answers are found mostly within oneself. The meanings of the cards resonate with the second way, and whilst you are invited to bring to the table the upsets and issues of everyday life you are also presented with a suggestion to look at them differently through the meanings of the cards that you pick.
I am trying to raise funds for publishing this deck via kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tanyabond/duality-deck-artist-oracle-cards-and-book
And I'm also happy to give sample one card reading to anyone who is interested in it - just send me a PM here
il_570xN.782026978_2f5r.jpg

If anyone has any questions about my deck, I'll be happy to answer them.
Thank you so much for reading!
Tanya

Tanya Bond

I've just finished my final card for the deck, called "Surrender"
DSCF8799.JPG

2dogs

Hi Tanya, thanks for posting about your deck, those are fantastic drawings and I hope it goes well :cool3:.

Tanya Bond

Thank you, 2dogs:)

GlitterNova

This looks absolutely gorgeous! How many cards will be in the deck?

Tanya Bond

Thank you so much, GlitterNova:) There will be 26 cards in total

Tanya Bond

I was considering two designs for the backs of the cards, and whilst I absolutely love the busy starry koi design, it seems that plain design is more suitable for an oracle deck and doesn't take away from the main artwork in general, what do you think?
il_570xN.788487585_pdnl.jpg

WhiteWolfy

I don't like card backs to be too busy looking or else it detracts from the deck itself.

I think the two tone is too much so you could try having the two koi with either the top part all the way down or the bottom part all the way up (if you get what i mean). You could try it and see what it looks like.

I really love the look of your deck but i'm hesitant because i usually like a deck to have at least 40 cards... Don't hold me to it though, i keep coming back to this thread to look at the cards so before you know it i'll have backed it :p

Tanya Bond

Thank you, WhiteWolfy:)
I must say that for this deck I was drawing to the card definitions, rather than writing to the illustrations, so I gradually came up with 26 meanings, and whilst I can draw non-stop I feel I have to have a very good and meaningful card description before I could include another card. So for now the set of meanings appears to be complete, but I do understand your hesitance, as generally the more cards the more fun:)

Tanya Bond

And gradually is probably the wrong word:) I just sat down one evening and wrote most of the text in one night and only added a few more later on