Spirit of the Wheel Meditation deck

Logiatrix

Darla said:
While I was browsing the net I just came upon this beautiful new animal deck published by US Games. :) Does anyone have it yet? I would love to hear your opinions on it...
I had this deck, then returned it after a couple of days. I was being impulsive...I didn't really need a new animal deck, but it looked beautiful and was priced right for satisfying my curiosity.

Indeed, the artwork is stunning; if I was a collector, I'd have kept it.
However, as an oracle I wanted to seriously use, I disliked the card backs with the deck title and trademark on every card. Also, the backs look a lot like the front, which bothered me (nit-picky, I know).

In it's favor (besides being nice to look at), the cards are well-laminated and nicely sized -- not too huge, but yet big enough to do the images justice. The book was impressive, with good attention to each card and instructions for use. I also recall at least a few original spreads. The system seemed easy enough to grasp and utilize. Many of the card titles reminded me of other similarly-themed oracles. Worthy of repeating, the price is quite decent, especially for the quality of the deck.

I must be fair regarding my returning of this deck. My long-time favorite, the Medicine Cards, already fulfills my need for an animal oracle. I've been with that deck for years, and I'm very comfy with it. Perhaps if not for that, then maybe I would have given this new one more time to make friends. That might be important to note for those who seek a 'pretty' animal deck, as compared to the more plain-looking Medicine Cards. The Spirit of the Wheel deck certainly goes to the top of list for stunning depictions of animals.
:)

WolfSpirit

That looks like a really beautiful deck, thanks for letting us know.
I like the Medicine Cards too, but I also have a thing for lovely decks with nature themes - for the days when I cannot enjoy as much of the real nature as I would like to :)
I am not sure if I would use it for readings...putting it on my wishlist just the same.

memries

A really beautiful deck Tgreyes. I am fond of the animal symbolism. Have you bought it yet ? It looks good.

Sheri

It is beautiful!

HearthCricket

This is lovely and I just ordered it! Perfect timing as I am just getting into working with totems and animal guides. Thank you for sharing this lovely find. Has this artist done other decks, and if so, which one(s)?

lunakasha

I have this deck and it is wonderful.....you are going to love it, HC!

The artwork is gorgeous, obviously....but even more importantly, it is an excellent reading deck. I used it for daily advice readings for an extended period of time, journaled with it, and it blew me away. It is truly one of the best non-tarot decks I have used. I am not sure how it would be for predictive readings or with complex spreads....but as a tool for self-exploration and/or meditation, it is very effective and a pleasure to work with.

I am not sure if this artist has done any other decks....but I wish she would!

:) Luna

HearthCricket

lunakasha said:
I have this deck and it is wonderful.....you are going to love it, HC!

The artwork is gorgeous, obviously....but even more importantly, it is an excellent reading deck. I used it for daily advice readings for an extended period of time, journaled with it, and it blew me away. It is truly one of the best non-tarot decks I have used. I am not sure how it would be for predictive readings or with complex spreads....but as a tool for self-exploration and/or meditation, it is very effective and a pleasure to work with.

I am not sure if this artist has done any other decks....but I wish she would!

:) Luna

Thank you! That is exactly what I want to do with it! Daily pick, meditation work, journaling. The artwork really speaks to me. It is lovely. :D

Briar Rose

Thank you for sharing. It looks like a great Oracle. I am getting a good feel from it.