Can I use your deck?

moon_light

I am working on a blog where I'll be dealing with all 78 cards for 78 weeks. I need images to illustrate the posts, though, and I don't want to violate copyright. I have a version of RWS that I can use, but I'm doing multiple posts on each card and would like to have some other options. Is there anyone who's willing to share?

I'll happily give you credit and even link to where others can buy your deck every single time I use one of your images. If you want more information on what I'm doing, send me a PM since I'm keeping it under wraps for right now.

Thanks in advance for considering my request! There are so many talented artists on here and I'm hoping to create a win/win situation where you might get a few deck sales. :)

GlitterNova

Just to clarify: are you planning on using images of cards that you own (this assumes that you buy a copy of the deck), or are you planning on using images of the cards donated by the creator? Also, are you just looking for decks that closely follow traditional RWS meanings, or are non-traditional tarot decks OK too? (assuming that they follow the standard tarot structure)

I'm creating a deck that uses fine art that's in the public domain for the images. It's meanings are similar to but not actually based on the RWS. If that isn't an issue you can certainly use card images from it once I finalize the deck.

tarotbear

Sent you a pm .....:joke:

moon_light

Just to clarify: are you planning on using images of cards that you own (this assumes that you buy a copy of the deck), or are you planning on using images of the cards donated by the creator? Also, are you just looking for decks that closely follow traditional RWS meanings, or are non-traditional tarot decks OK too? (assuming that they follow the standard tarot structure)

I'm creating a deck that uses fine art that's in the public domain for the images. It's meanings are similar to but not actually based on the RWS. If that isn't an issue you can certainly use card images from it once I finalize the deck.

I doubt I would get permission to use any of the decks I currently own, but I am not opposed to purchasing new decks. In my current financial situation, the owner would have to donate. I would, however, put a link under the pictures every time they're used saying, "Buy this deck" and linking to the author's preferred outlet.

Your deck sounds fascinating! I would love to see it whether or not I can use it. If I do use it and it is unpublished, I could link to a preorder page or I could go back and add links when the deck is available. The thing is, though, that I am launching January 1. The cards are being done in a random order, so I don't know where you're at with that project and if you'd be ready in time. If you would like, I could send you a list of the order I will use them in. I would prefer to have all the cards to begin with, but would be fine with getting them as they're done if you believe that you will have them completed at the times I need them.

As for what it's following, it doesn't have to be RWS exactly. But the work I am doing with the deck does follow that tradition, so there should at least not be anything contradictory. Some of my posts would be dealing with looser interpretations, though, so I could put that deck to use there.

Thank you for considering letting me use your deck. If you want more information on what, exactly, the project would be, feel free to PM me.

Sent you a pm .....:joke:

And I have answered it! Thanks. :)

GlitterNova

Alright, I'll send you a PM once I get home from work.

JOdel

Given that my deck is posted on the internet, that's tacit permission right there. I'd appreciate the source be credited and it be made clear where the deck lives, in case anyone wants a copy of their own.

Of course it may not suit your purposes. It's fan art after all. But it's a direct Rider-Waite homage and as close to the original in themes and elements as I could make it.

moon_light

Given that my deck is posted on the internet, that's tacit permission right there. I'd appreciate the source be credited and it be made clear where the deck lives, in case anyone wants a copy of their own.

Of course it may not suit your purposes. It's fan art after all. But it's a direct Rider-Waite homage and as close to the original in themes and elements as I could make it.

Sorry, I didn't see this until just now. Thank you for your offer, but I have enough decks to complete my project. I did look it up, though, and must say it's incredibly cool that you did that. :)