Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Temperance Major #14

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Gay Tarot

One of the original 100 members

tarotbear 
One of the original 100 members

Exclamation Temperance Major #14

Cute. But does this really convey the message you wanted for the card? Possibly he should have been pictured in the process of mixing things together - adding fluid to a bowl? Then again, he could have been pictured working in a hardware store mixing colors of paint, or a bartender mixing drinks as much as booze figures way too important in a lot of gay men's lives.
IMHO - workable, but not as satisfying as others have been.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #1
Citizen

TemperanceAngel 
Citizen

Can someone post the image up for me to look at, thanks? Would be muchly appreciated
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #2
Citizen

VisionQuest 
Citizen

http://www.geocities.com/tarotstuffs/temperance

don't mind the flash on his chest, lol, I need to get a scanner, or a digital camera that actually turns the flash off when I turn the flash off. lol
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #3
Citizen

TemperanceAngel 
Citizen

Thanks for that VisionQuest Hmmmmm....it does seem to correlate somewhat with the Housewives Tarot and kitchen themes....
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #4
Citizen

Lee 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarotbear
Then again, he could have been [...] a bartender mixing drinks as much as booze figures way too important in a lot of gay men's lives.
But then, that would have left me with just the kind of stereotype I was trying to get away from.

Thanks for posting the scan, VisionQuest!

-- Lee
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #5
Oraculist

Shade 
Oraculist

Here we go again with "negative stereotypes". The stereotype of the bar has a lot of reality to support it. It is the first place of socialization for many a young queer person and has great roots leading back into the days of the speakeasies.

However I think a chef is a more appropriate choice for this card because it is a much quieter atmosphere the focus should be on the reaction ratehr than on the operator. I like the idea of the mixture being placed into heat as a catalyst.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #6
Resident

Shuvano 
Resident

At first, I had some difficulty with this particular card as I have always loved the more traditional Temperance image......and this card didn't do anything for me. But again, after much contemplation and reading other's posts, I have a whole new respect for Lee's Temperance imagery!

I see this card as the chef blending and creating new and innovative ideas....he is using raw ingredients and creating a whole new product. The alchemical aspect of this card is quite apparent and (to me) the fact that this chef is cooking on the stove tell me that we need to sometimes 'heat things up' to create something new out of other ordinary things in our lives. It also nicely sums up the true qualities of Temperance in the aspects of harmony and understanding (you need to know how flavors are going to mix and how to cook a particular plate), moderation (we need to eat to live, not live to eat), and healing (food is a basic necessity.....a balanced diet leads to a more balanced lifestyle and life in general!).
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #7

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.