De-Enabling Thread

tarotmama

Piatnik Tarot of Marseille...?

I think I might only want it because I really want a Vieville and can't find/afford one.

But maybe I want it because it's cool?

Oh me.

nisaba

If you're buying it as a stop-gap for the Vieville, that means you'll have that much money lying around when a real Vieville turns up.

And buying it because it's cool? Really. Remember the cool kids in school? <vomits>

Le Fanu

tarotmama said:
I think I might only want it because I really want a Vieville and can't find/afford one
(If you want a Vieville and can't have one, the Vandenborre is an interesting alternative. It is "almost" Vieville in certain moments, but - hey - that doesn't count because you asked about the Piatnik Marseilles and let me usher in some serious de enabling down Indiana way...)

It's the Marseilles which irritates me the most, I have to say. It's the most badly done one on the market. A lot of the lines are missing from the engravings. Just too many for it to look kooky or amusing or olde worlde... it just looks seriously badly printed. A shame. Such a missed chance. All it needs is a few little retouches here & there to join the lines and make it feel coherant. But it has these weird gaps in the lines at the most critical places that just make it look daft.

Seriously. Save your money...

OctoberGwen

Wow, this is so empowering!

I'm now been thoroughly de-enabled of the Favole (thank you!), the Gothic (which sadly is on its way to me), the Maat, and a host of others I hadn't even looked at yet.

Could someone explain why I DON'T need to buy the first edition of the Templar while it's still available? (Besides the fact that The Journey includes the whole dang thing, plus more?)

Thank you in advance...

tarotmama

nisaba said:
Remember the cool kids in school? <vomits>

I remember being one of the cool kids. :) Maybe I was misinformed.

Le Fanu said:
Just too many for it to look kooky or amusing or olde worlde... it just looks seriously badly printed.

I guess this is good to know. Disappointing :(

Le Fanu said:
the Vandenborre is an interesting alternative

I'll de-enable myself on that one and say that the the odd numbering and alterna-trumps will probably just confuse me anyway.

emmsma

Le Fanu said:
(If you want a Vieville and can't have one, the Vandenborre is an interesting alternative. It is "almost" Vieville in certain moments, but - hey - that doesn't count because you asked about the Piatnik Marseilles and let me usher in some serious de enabling down Indiana way...)

It's the Marseilles which irritates me the most, I have to say. It's the most badly done one on the market. A lot of the lines are missing from the engravings. Just too many for it to look kooky or amusing or olde worlde... it just looks seriously badly printed. A shame. Such a missed chance. All it needs is a few little retouches here & there to join the lines and make it feel coherant. But it has these weird gaps in the lines at the most critical places that just make it look daft.

Seriously. Save your money...

Would you feel this way if you were in another thread? Curious.

Le Fanu

emmsma said:
Would you feel this way if you were in another thread? Curious.
err.. actually, yes... The Piatnik Marseilles is always curiously absent in any thread where we can enthuse about TdMs!

strings of life

The Vampire Tarot? I'm completely de-enabled. Wow. This thread suits my sarcastic nature. In due time, I too, will be able to participate in de-enabling. Such glee!

emmsma

Thanks. One less TdM to consider. There are just too darn many of them!

Makes yer head spin. :(

nisaba

general Marseilles de-enabling inserted here

emmsma said:
Thanks. One less TdM to consider. There are just too darn many of them!

Makes yer head spin. :(
Yeah and how many of them are worth it. Man, oh man. And they expect us to pay *money* for decks that don't even have any designs on the majority of cards?