help selecting new deck for me. ideas?

Ethereal

Hi all! Looking to purchase a new deck, for holidays new year for myself . hhaven't seen any i fancy, so need some ideas. I love love touchstone, but dont know where to buy and, and if its still available. I like rich, dark colors, easy to read, (/love faces on touchstone) descriptive decks. Nothing Ihave to ponder to much. I have aAnna k. Love the colors, and its a pretty easy reading deck. I was thinking Barbara Moore steam punk..
Any other ideas that could help me? Want to give myself a holiday treat this year, as Iddon'thave or ppurchase alot of decks. Looking for something that REALLY grabs my attention. Anyone? Happy holidays!

Nemia

Two decks I recommend regularly are the Dreaming Way Tarot and the Silhouettes Tarot. I underestimated both of them greatly and bought them because they look nice, I wasn't sure how good they'll be as reading decks. I find both great reading decks, they give clear answers and are much richer than you can see at first sight.

Dreaming Way: unusual art, very chic and bored-looking teenagers, beautiful use of watercolors, youthful faces but many serious, dreamy or wise above their years. The influence of traditional Korean fashion makes it special. I really like this deck's understated language.

Silhouettes: very intelligent use of the relationship between background and figures, negative and positive space. Expressive colours and shapes. The most amazing things happen when you lay out the cards like a strip: they nearly turn into an animated little theater where the figures start moving from one card to the other ;-)

It's very easy to use because it's so narrative, really like a storyboard for a movie.

So these are my recommendations for unusual, beautiful, easily-underestimated decks. I carried the Silhouettes with me for MONTHS. Couldn't let it go.

(I can't believe we don't have a review for this magical deck here at AT, I should have written one a long time ago!)

ETA: I see the Silhouettes is sold out right now, a new edition will hopefully come soon!

Ethereal

Nemia: thank you for your suggestions! The dreaming way is interesting. I see exactly what you are saying regarding this deck. Youthful faces, but so much more in those faces. Sillouttes looks really cool; I can so see it taking on an animated theatre , if you place them side to side. Never saw a deck like this before. I am going to put these on my list. I have a tendency to really ponder, before I make a decision and purchase a deck. Thank you for again, for taking the time to help me out! Much appreciated!

RiverRunsDeep

Wanted to let you know, the Touchstone Tarot is available at Tarot Garden. Such a lovely deck!

My thoughts for easy to read decks with dark, rich colors: Tarot of the Zirkus Magi, Watersprite Tarot, Stretch Tarot and Antiquarian Tarot.

G6

Kat Black's Golden Tarot is really nice too.

DDwarks

The Morgan Greer is readily available.

Ethereal

Thank you each and everyone for suggestions! I am putting them all on my list. Kat blacks golden tarot is indeed lovely, but I REALLY have my heart set on touchstone. That deck has been calling me for awhile. Thank you river runs deep for giving me heads up on where I can purchase touchstone! Mucho thanks! Your other suggestions look lovely, too. Have happy holidays, happy shopping, happy tarot selections to all!!

Espeon

You might like the Cosmic Tarot. It focuses on facial expressions/faces in general to convey the card meanings. It's not for everyone but definitely look it up! šŸ˜Š

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

Ethereal

I will check out the cosmic tarot, sounds interesting! Thanks for giving more to choose from!