Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Navigators Tarot of the Mystic SEA - Destiny (Justice)

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups

student of tarot

rwcarter 
student of tarot

Navigators Tarot of the Mystic SEA - Destiny (Justice)

Anyone know what the skeletal heads on either side of the heart in the Destiny card are supposed to represent? I looked through the companion book and don't see any mention of those two skulls. They appear to have strings attached to the bottom of them, so I think they're supposed to be balloons. The one on the left appears to be smiling, while the one on the right seems sad. The appear to be at the same level on the card, so neither is more prominent than the other. The only thing I can think of is that they're another example of the equilibrium that the card is all about.

Rodney
Top   #1
Citizen

tantricknite 
Citizen

I'm not familiar with the deck but maybe it's refering to the astrological attribution Gemeni....
Top   #2
student of tarot

rwcarter 
student of tarot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantricknite
I'm not familiar with the deck but maybe it's refering to the astrological attribution Gemeni....
Hey tantricknite,

Good try, but Destiny is associated with Libra in this deck.

Thanks though,
Rodney
Top   #3
Citizen

brenmck 
Citizen

I'm seeing them as masks, rather than skulls, like the classic symbols for drama or the theatre - the tragic mask and the comic mask. It fits the "equilibrium" notion of the card, too.

~B~
Top   #4
student of tarot

rwcarter 
student of tarot

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenmck
I'm seeing them as masks, rather than skulls, like the classic symbols for drama or the theatre - the tragic mask and the comic mask. It fits the "equilibrium" notion of the card, too.

~B~
Hi brenmck,

Thanks. I was originally thinking it might be her take on comedy and tragedy (although for the life of me I couldn't remember the terms comedy and tragedy when I first posted!). But why the strings? Whether they're skulls or masks, the strings still make me think they're balloons. But I'm glad you confirmed my theory that they're another representation of the equilibrium that the card speaks about.

Rodney
Top   #5
Citizen

Anne_23 
Citizen

I would interpret the strings as attachements. The card speaks of polarity and transcendence above. In conscious life, we create judgements if something/someone is good/bad, sad/happy, etc. When we enlighten we realize that there is no polarity, and thus, no attachment to an ideal or outcome. If they are balloons, it could represent that raised expectation or hope based on that judgement. If masks, then based on a psychological perspective, it would symbolize the persona we adopt based on conditioning based in polarity which is natural for most people. But in an enlightened state, we rise above judgements and realize infinite potential rather than living based on conditioning and masks.
Top   #6

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.