The Week Ahead

clearcat

Greetings all! I’ve been tinkering at this spread for a few weeks now and using it myself. I figured it might be helpful to someone else so sharing it with the community.

Not sure if it’s very “original”, but in terms of my own personal insight during the week, it’s been an interesting period of development.

==================================================
The Week Ahead

Note about this spread : The L card is the last or bottom card in your dealing stack.

***8***
*1*2*3*
***4***
*5*6*7*
***L***
*******​

One way of reading :
1-7 : Days of the week
8 : How you will look back on the week
L : An underlying factor that will effect the week

Another way of reading :
1-3 : The flow of the first half of the week
5-7 : The flow of the last half of the week
8 : What drives your logical mind during the week
4 : What drives your emotions (heart) during the week
L : What will effect you from the shadows

Yet another way of reading :
8 : Spiritual influences during the week
4 : Emotional influences during the week
L : Physical influences during the week
147 : You facing the world
246 : You facing yourself
345 : The world facing you

==================================================

I’m looking forward to all of your comments.
Thanks for reading. :3

rwcarter

clearcat,

Great spread! I love multi-layered spreads that can be read many different ways and you seem to have captured that beautifully. I could very easily see interpreting the spread all three ways instead of just picking one.

My personal preference is for spreads that flow from left to right or bottom to top, so I would flip 123 and 457, but as I said, that's a personal preference. There's nothing wrong with your layout.

I'll have to give it a try with my Transparent Tarot for next week and report back.

Thanks for sharing!
Rodney

rwcarter

I did this spread last night for the week starting today. I interpreted it all three ways, which took quite some time, but was useful in that it gave me different ways of looking at the same image. (I used my Transparent Tarot, so each position actually had 3 cards combined to form one image.)

I'll be able to look back a week from today to see how "accurate" the cards were. I'll post an update at that point.

Rodney

clearcat

Hopefully it was useful to you.

*chuckles* Perhaps, I'm just a little impatient and waiting to see how "accuate" the spread was after a week can be a tad antsy. (Especially when some of the cards seem ominous). After a little over a month of using it, it's come to be sort of a mental prep for what challenges may be faced.

I haven't had a chance to work with the Transparent Tarot yet, but from what I've learned of the deck, it can give some very interesting visuals for readings.

Thanks.

divinest

This spread looks fantastic, thank you! Like Rodney, I'd probably look at all three combinations, rather than picking one, and I'll let you know how it turns out. :D

rwcarter

Hi clearcat,

Well, I'll take a look back on the reading either tonight or tomorrow and post back.

Slightly OT, but if you want to see the Transparent in action, look at the Transparent Tarot Daily Draws thread.

Rodney

rwcarter

clearcat,

Looking back over the spread I did for this week, I have to say the jury's still out. That's because the second half of the week was so hellish that I don't remember the first part of the week. And I forgot that with weekly spreads, it's best for me to check back each day on what I wrote instead of trying to remember the whole week at once.

So, in the day by day reading, the second half was mostly on target, but I can't even remember Sun - Tues of this past week.

Reading #2 was on track where the second half of the week was concerned, but the first half is but a blur. But the logical/emotional/shadow positions were pretty relevant.

I think the third method of interpreting the cards was the most successful, if only because it didn't involve me trying to remember what happened during a certain period of the the week.

I'll have to give it another try and remember to do a daily check-in instead of trying to remember the whole week at the end of the week.

Rodney