What spread to use in this situation?

BeautyMarked

Alright, I am in a bit of weird situation at the moment and so naturally I pulled out my tarot cards to help me see the situation in a new light.

Here is the situation:
I have been friends with this one particular guy for about 3 years and things have always been very platonic between the two of us. He recently (about 4 months ago) broke up with his girlfriend of three years which in my opinion was a good thing for him. Me and our other mutual friend used to always suggest that he break up with her because he was so obviously unhappy. Anyways fast forward to now. This past weekend, after work (we work together), we went to grab a bite to eat as me and him usually do. Except this time, we stayed at the place for three hours, we sat at this fast food joint place talking for 3 hours and eventually we decided to go over to his place where we continued the with the conversation. Because we work at a bar, it was already 6am at this point. After a few more hours of talking, things slowly escalated and we ended up sleeping together. I saw him later that day and we were able to talk like normal and things didn't feel weird or awkward at all. Neither one of us regrets it.

Now, I would like to do a reading that would explain the situation a little more. I just want to know what all this means because in retrospect, while I don't regret it, it's all kind of strange because this guy was a platonic friend and I had never thought that he was attracted to me at all.

Can someone recommend a good spread for this?

BeautyMarked

Oh awesome. Those are some great spreads!
I'm going to try them out tonight and probably post here for help.

Thanks a ton for the suggestions!

rwcarter

You're quite welcome. If you have questions about the "meat and bones" of a particular spread, you should post that question in that spread's thread. If you have questions about the reading you do, you should post the reading in Your Readings and then you can put a link to the reading in the thread for the spread.

HTH,
Rodney

Martina

I have developed a pyramid-type spread which works for me in all situations. And its really really simple and easy to use!

There is only one placement that has a specific meaning, and that is the last one at the end.

Basically, put 5 cards in front of you and interpret them together, then reshuffle and put 4 cards on those 5, then reshuffle and put three cards and interpret those.

The last shuffling you do is for the last three cards, which are put down 2, then one. So it goes in a pyramid, like this
5 5 5 5 5
4 4 4 4
3 3 3
2 2

If any of the lines and/or specific cards need any further insight, just reshuffle and pick three cards and read them with that particular line or card.

This is what I use for all my readings, and it works very, very well for me.

Hannafate

Relationship questions can be so vague. You still have many decisions to make about what YOU want, and what you want to do about that.

I suppose you could start with a three card yes-or-no, asking something like, "If I pursue a more intimate relationship with X, will it lead to good things?"

If you get a flat "no" as an answer, you're done. Otherwise, do a larger reading with this first reading in mind. See how to make SURE it will lead to good things.

The "What now?" spread looks useful in this particular situation.