The Bear

WinterRose

OK, this one came to me directly after the Lion's Paw. It was also requested by another member, so...

The Bear is an animal which is directly linked to Spirit, so this spread is about your connection to Spirit and your spiritual strengths and abilities. As with all these animal spreads, if you drew an outline around the layout, it will show the shape of the animal - the head in this case. It's really difficult to show in diagram form.

---4--------5-----
------2---3-------
---------1---------

The Muzzle:
1. What protects you and gives you strength. This card shows something you already have, or have already overcome if it's in the form of a negative card.

The Eyes:
2. Your connection with Spirit - this shows your connection to the realm of Spirit, or a card you must overcome to connect.
3. How the Bear can help you connect to spirit. This card shows how the Bear can help you connect, by understanding and accepting the knowledge imparted by that card. If a negative card, it shows a lesson you must overcome with the help of the Bear. For example, if I pulled the Nine of Swords, it shows that I must overcome any feelings of worry, fear or guilt, and the Bear will lend me the strength to do that.

The Ears
4 and 5 - messages from Spirit - signs and messages that you must pay attention to in order to deepen your connection.